What's the longest you've ever waited for an attraction at KI?

thegajone

My longest wait was nearly 5 hours during the summer of 2008 for Firehawk against my will. My former boss paid for a trip to go to Kings Island on a 90*+ Saturday. He insisted on riding Firehawk and insisted we all had to stay together. It was the worst trip ever to Kings Island.

I waited I believe 3 1/2 hours on opening day for Banshee, but I got a T-shirt for my efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I waited for over 5 hours for Outer Limits Flight of Fear when it opened. The queue started at about where the Dinosaurs Alive entrance is and went into a completely full plaza in front of the building. When we almost got to the ramp of the UFO, someone pointed to the back and saw what appeared to be more line....People freaked out and actually left the line....I looked too and considered leaving, until I realized that I was staring back at myself...hehehehe....(those of you who know understand what I'm saying).

The longest I've ever waited was for nearly 7 hours for Indiana Jones and the Temple of the forbidden eye. Problem here was the unusual process for the queue at that time. We got in line somewhere near the center hub of the park and there were long waits and then sudden moves. I found out later that once the line was in Adventureland, it criss crossed the midway and there were employees raising temporary rope queues in intervals allowing guests to move forward. After a certain amount of guests moved forwards, they would drop the ropes to allow guests not in line to pass....problem was, guests who knew what was happening from prior experience were jumping into line each time the ropes were dropped. The employees were frustrated with it too, but with the massive crowds it was bound to happen.

• Like 5

Three hours for Flight of Fear during a Saturday of Haunt in 2010. Coincidentally, this is the longest I've waited for an amusement park attraction, period. Next is Banshee on opening day, for which I waited two hours, and then Wildebeest at Holiday World last summer, which I waited 90 minutes for. Other than those, I've never waited more than an hour for any ride ever that I recall.

• Like 2

I think my longest wait was for Tomb Raider: The Ride...1 1/2 hours in the heat. At least I had some friends with me to pass the time.

I've had hour long waits on WWC, Diamondback, Son of Beast, and Flight of Fear. Haven't been on Banshee yet, but I'm willing to wait about that long for it the first time (and also for a night ride).

Maybe 4 hours for Outer Limits in 1996. As described, there were temporary queues everywhere. The line started out by the Zephyr. I was blown away by the indoor part so much that the last hour didn't bother me.

For those of you who never got to experience the inside of the hangar in its early days... I'm sorry...

• Like 8

The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear sneak peak thingy, about 6 hours or so. It was kinda fun in a way though, back then at the part where "Dick"..er Mr.Christopher grabs the thingy from the ship ALL the lights went out in the hanger for a few seconds and everyone with a lighter flicked them on. Well it was fun the first 27 times then kinda got old lol.

I also did Top Gun (i think it was sneak peak day but not sure) and the line filled that mile long que. I forget exactly how long it was but im pretty sure it was at least 4 hours.

• Like 2

I am with most of you guys in that I won't wait more than an hour for a given ride. The new ride on opening day is alright just within the context of the moment, but that's it. There are a few rides I'll willingly gather up the patience and wait slightly longer for- those being Beast at night, Diamondback, Millennium Force, Magnum, TTD, and Maverick.

• Like 2

The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear sneak peak thingy, about 6 hours or so. It was kinda fun in a way though, back then at the part where "Dick"..er Mr.Christopher grabs the thingy from the ship ALL the lights went out in the hanger for a few seconds and everyone with a lighter flicked them on. Well it was fun the first 27 times then kinda got old lol.

I also did Top Gun (i think it was sneak peak day but not sure) and the line filled that mile long que. I forget exactly how long it was but im pretty sure it was at least 4 hours.

I waited just over 3 for Top Gun the first time I rode it in the year it debuted. That's definitely my 2nd longest wait ever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I remember FOF (Outer Limits Flight of Fear...as it will always be in my mind) breaking down a lot at first. I might have spent more time in the hanger than outside in the queue.

Therefore I memorized my favorite part of the film....

From rote memory...

"Imagine a world where the imperfections of human existence are a thing of the past...

Where hunger and poverty are unknown....where we can shape your existence to anything your imagination can conceive...

This then is our invitation...come with us....enter our vessel...follow our path across the cosmos and discover that which lies beyond this mortal sphere...

You are about to experience the awe and mystery that reaches from the deepest inner mind to....the Outer Limits....."

Zap...lights out...screaming....reboot...start over.

• Like 3

The anticipation of waiting through that queue and riding for the first time still remains unmatched by any other attraction I've experienced. It did a great job of enhancing the experience.

IIRC, the first time I rode it there was a ride op there assigning seats that didn't let us turn the corner to see any trains launch prior to our turn. This built up the anticipation even more since we didn't know what was about to happen. I mean I knew it was a launch coaster, but I still didn't know what to expect as I had never ridden one. I'm sure if the GP knew nothing about the ride then they were in for quite the surprise that first time.

• Like 3