Beast article in Cincinnati Magazine

Adventuro

There is an intersting article in Cincinnati Magazine regarding The Beast. It's in the June 2014 issue. I suggest reading it if you get a chance.

That being said, just into the second paragraph I came across this sentence. ..."Around the same time, Taft acquired Coney Island, and moved much of the park's staff, plus some rides- including The Racer, another wooden coaster that many credit with reviving the craft- up to the new park."

WHY, and HOW, did they make this mistake. It's a common mistake, but this just prolongs this common misconception.

• Like 4

The mistake I usually hear is that The Racer was built from Shooting Star parts. People, once and for all: The Racer is a completely, original ride while The Shooting Star was completely demolished. Ahhhh, now I feel better that I got that off my chest.

• Like 4

The mistake I usually hear is that The Racer was built from Shooting Star parts. People, once and for all: The Racer is a completely, original ride while The Shooting Star was completely demolished. Ahhhh, now I feel better that I got that off my chest.

And none of the trains from the Shooting Star are, or ever were, on The Racer. In fact, the Shooting Star's trains were still sitting on the ride after The Racer opened in 1972 from what I've heard.
  • Like 4