How forgiving are the Banshee harnesses

Cormaster

Forgive me if this has been asked already but I want to know the answer to the tough question. For people of "exceptional size" how forgiving are the harnesses? Only other B&M invert me and my wife have been on is Raptor at Cedar Point. No issues there and room to spare but there is 20 years between the coasters so obviously it's not much of a guarantee. How do these harnesses compare?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I haven't been on Raptor in 12 years so I don't really remember those. But row four on Banshee is what my husband calls the big boy row. We took his brother who is a size 48 waist and he could not ride. My husband is a size 40 and absolutely no problems. I hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me if this has been asked already but I want to know the answer to the tough question. For people of "exceptional size" how forgiving are the harnesses? Only other B&M invert me and my wife have been on is Raptor at Cedar Point. No issues there and room to spare but there is 20 years between the coasters so obviously it's not much of a guarantee. How do these harnesses compare?

Very flexible restraints.

Reading this thread kind of makes me a little nervous about riding for the first time next weekend, but at the same time not. Not saying the tightening doesn't happen, but I'm wondering how many people have actually experienced the tightening vs thinking it's tightening because they've heard that the same style restraint on Gatekeeper used to tighten.

I'm so ready to ride though!

• Like 2

Well, I hadn't heard anything about it personally. I just noticed it tightened more during the ride and felt more secure for it. I didn't think too much about it until someone else mentioned it, just forgot it again each time I got off the ride. The only time it was at all uncomfortable was the last time I rode and we got left on deck longer than usual. Part of my thigh had weaseled its way between the center horn and the harness at some point before the tightening, so it was kind of pinchy.

• Like 1

u5y3yjab.jpg

This is me front row on Banshee. I'm 255, and 5'9" and my waist is 46". I had a little trouble but the rides associates helped me with a little assistance. It's all about body proportion. Use the testing seat at the front entrance. It uses the row 4 straps. If it don't fit you must acquit. Hope this helps your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 3

Well me and my wife attempted to ride it, and I was successful. Barely with some help. My wife wasn't even close. Really not crazy about this "thigh pincher" design the new b&m's have, Banshee is pretty much just an otsr modified Diamondback harness. People just need to quit complaining about head banging! The ride manufacturers are listening and making it tougher for us larger people lol! Oh well my wife used to be able to fit Diamondback but that was before my son was born. Oh well maybe this will be motivation for me and my wife to start working on a healthier lifestyle...ha ha I wish, still haven't found that motivation yet

• Like 1

Row 4 is a little more forgiving. I couldnt fit in the test seat but i could Row 4. I went on a diet and lost 10 pounds and now I can fit anywhere.

darn wish I knew that, would of tried that. Is there a secret to Diamondback too because I can fit it but it's kind of painful and I worry about my $350 google phone being spiderwebbed when I pull it out after riding lol. My phone was pinned right up against the harness.

Oh BTW where did the seatbelts come from?

Oh BTW where did the seatbelts come from?

Seatbelts come from the left side of the seat! :P

How did you get a Nexus 5 for $350? Mine was the Nexus 5 32 GB which I bought from Google Play for $400.

Well I got the 16gb model and the base price was $350 but cost a bit more after tax and shipping. Got one for me and my wife think the total was $750. 16gb is fine for me since I had the nexus 4 before I upgraded and got used to using cloud storage and really don't need a whole lot of physical storage. Upgrade was totally worth it, better camera, LTE, screen that's world's better. Great phone