Favorite Type of Roller Coaster

Coasterama

Each roller coaster brings each own unique experience which brings me to a point I make quite often when folks ask me what type of coaster is my favorite.....

I don't really have a favorite "type" of roller coaster, I enjoy all the different experiences that all the types of coasters offer.

To me, it's not necessarily about the coaster type, but the experience that you have on the coaster.

• Like 5

Either Hypers or Gigas for me. I need to get back to CP to ride MF and Magnum again and see how they compare with DB (and with each other) now that I've gotten a few DB rides under my belt. My most recent CP trip (5/6 years ago?) I walked away thinking MF was my favorite coaster ever with Magnum a close 2nd, but I need to re-evaluate that.

I've never ridden a wing, floorless or dive.

• Like 1

Diamondback: WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Magnum: Ow ow ow ow ow ow...

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

IIRC that's why I enjoyed MF more than Magnum. As much as I enjoyed the bunny hills on Magnum, I remember "landing" back in the seat at the bottom of each one not-so-softly.

• Like 1

This is a tough one for me. After finally getting to ride Voyage I think it and Maverick are tied for my favorite coaster. I simply can't put one over the other. I think I just like crazy intense rides that throw you all over the place. It doesn't have to be a specific type.

• Like 3

This is a tough one for me. After finally getting to ride Voyage I think it and Maverick are tied for my favorite coaster. I simply can't put one over the other. I think I just like crazy intense rides that throw you all over the place. It doesn't have to be a specific type.

This is exactly how I feel. :)

• Like 2

DB is a great ride, but it doesn't hold up against Maggie IMO, way different experiences. Ride ejector seat one time, you'll love every second of it.

One time? Who can do that?

Certainly not this writer!

THIS.

One of the most out-of-this-world insane rides I've ever had on Magnum was in 1-3 after a rain storm and without trim brakes before the turnaround. This was in 2009. I think I still have the leg bruises, but holy cow.

• Like 1

This is exactly how I feel. :)

Me too! I also like to go fast like Ricky Bobby.

• Like 2