Best seats?

Pbmcd

There is only one ride at KI that you need to ride in the very front at least once and that's Flight of Fear. In my opinion thats the only coaster at KI that truly gives you a different experience when it comes to seating.

• Like 2

There is only one ride at KI that you need to ride in the very front at least once and that's Flight of Fear. In my opinion thats the only coaster at KI that truly gives you a different experience when it comes to seating.

In my opinion, that's the only one that has no difference as far as seats are concerned (assuming lights are off).

• Like 2

As for me, I prefer the back left seat on Diamondback. Back because if you lean to the side on the splashdown you get wet. Also, airtime in the back is crazy because you get whipped over the hills. Left side specifically because if you look to the left at the turnaround point you'll find you're looking straight down and its really cool.

And if you're feeling particularly dangerous, try looking backwards the whole ride.

~Coolio schoolio~

• Like 1

Generally on coasters, front seat gives you the thrill of the view (and all kinds of wind in your face), and the back car (any of the seats) gives you the thrill of uncontrollable speed. Those traditionally have been my seats of choice, but if like to change it up, too. I've found for various reasons on some coasters I prefer other locations.

On The Beast, I discovered recently I get more beat up in the middle of the train (it is popularly assumed to beat you up more in the back car) due to the amount of getting thrown sideways. I'm proud of my Beast bruises (I've really got a collection going too) so I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. It depends a lot on whether you like woodies or not.

Getting older, I have found the rear of The Racer train is getting too much for me. It's too bouncy and out of control and made my back hurt. It may, however, be exactly what you're looking for, I loved it when I was younger. I don't think it makes a lot of difference which track you ride now, since they don't run one backward anymore. They haven't been running both sides yet any of the times I've visited this year so I can't say for sure.

I actually prefer to ride Diamondback in the middle of the train (anywhere from row 7-10 on the platform, so cars four and five), because the airtime is absolutely gorgeous at the crests of hills in those seats. You sort of "miss out" on the floating due to being restrained by or pulled by the rest of the train (depending if you're seated in front or back) if you sit elsewhere. It is an entirely different ride depending on where you sit, but I love them all for different reasons.

I agree that the best thing to do is to try each ride in different places to see which appeals to you the most. If I hadn't changed things up with Diamondback, I'd have missed out on what has turned out to be my favorite seats in the park.

• Like 2

Even Surf Dog?

Some consider Surf Dog to be a coaster, while others often do not. RCDB (which is by no means the be-all and end-all) does not consider it to be one. I think its status (and perhaps that of powered coasters in general) is up for... interpretation. A task that I understand you excel at.

• Like 3

RCDB is considering Wonder Mountain's Guardian a coaster.....

It has a lift hill, track, and is powered by gravity throughout its cycle, excluding the lift hill.

I find it easier to justify Wonder Mountain's guardian as a ROLLER coaster than the same park's Thunder Run (which IS considered a coaster, on RCDB and elsewhere).

And distinguish Camden Park's Haunted House? It has a lift hill, track, and is powered by gravity....

From the sounds of it, it should be. But just because we're establishing RCDB as being potentially imperfect and sometimes self-contradicting doesn't mean they're never right. And in the case of Surf Dog, I agree with them in that I do NOT consider it a roller coaster. I could MAYBE make a case for powered coaster (maybe) but even then, I really think those should count as something different. Or at least be counted with an asterisk.

Guest dtk1376

Aerial Chase isn't worth it in my opinion unless you are in the front row, left seat is better but either one is good in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For left seat reasoning:

Banshee has a better inline twist, view, and first drop

Diamondback has a better view, splashdown, and hammerhead

The Beast has better helices and tunnels

Backlot Stunt Coaster has better helices and theming

Flight of Fear has a better MCBR

Vortex has better corkscrews and view

The Bat has a better view and drop

The Racer has better racing element on red side and view of Firehawk on blue side

Firehawk makes you feel like you will fall out more on the left

Adventure Express has a better headchopper

Invertigo has a better cobra roll (left seat from station)

Flying Ace Aerial Chase is smoother

The Great Pumpkin Coaster is smoother

Woodstock Express has better airtime for some odd reason

Surf Dog is less rattle and is further from station

"Beat seats" are the wheel seats on any wooden coaster.

I love front row of Diamondback, but will ride anywhere.

Banshee front row middle two seats or back row right side. (Seats 12, 13 and 84.)

Woody type coasters I don't object front row especially on Beast, but prefer any non wheel seat in the middle. The same goes for Adventure Express and especially Racer. Racer I rarely will ride front seat even if given the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yup. Here's a true story. I got blasted during ERT in 2013 because I didn't realize it was possible to actually get WET. After drying off I smelled like a wet dog until I went home and took a shower.

• Like 4