6/1/2014

coasterfanatic83

Today I went to Soak City for a majority of the day, headed over to the dry park later in the evening, and left when the weather came rolling in. Here are a few notes:

• Soak City Bathrooms. Ouch. I understand that they are difficult due to the amount of water being tracked in, but they were bad today.
  • I don't think I have ever been to Soak City (or BB) when it was as crowded as it was today. The wave pools felt like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InENM6fwIwE#t=40
  • Reds HOF Grille, fantastic as always. I could spend so much time in there just looking around, and the food and service were top-notch today. Every Reds fan (or just a fan of baseball) will love that place.
  • Cirque Imagine. Today was my first time at the park while the show was running, so I went to catch the 7:00 playing. Unfortunately it was cut short due to an injury to one of the acrobats. It occurred early on in the show, during the teeter-totter like performance. He appeared to land awkwardly upon hitting the mat, and rolled off to the side. The other performers immediately signaled to stop the show, carried him off, and the curtain closed. Obviously, I don't know the extent of the injury or all of the circumstances, but keep this young man in your thoughts and prayers that he will have a speedy recovery.
  • Although the performance was cut short, it did look very promising and thrilling. I am interested to see it in its entirety, as well as to see if they continue the stunt on which that young man was injured. From the very short bits that I saw, it looks like KI has another winner here.
  • Banshee grows on me more and more every time I ride it.

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions for me feel free to ask em! Also, if anybody has an update on the Cirque Imagine performer, I would like to hear that as well.

• Like 7