Mason fire trucks and ems back to X-base

XjoshhyX

Good to see that incident this is over.

It will be interesting to (perhaps) learn what the problem was in the coming hours/days. The media will definitely seek an explanation after getting reports of a fire.

Flight of Fear uses a large capacitor bank to supply a lot of energy at once for the launch. High-energy components can burn and produce a lot of smoke when they fail.

• Like 2

Yep, just a single component. The LIM electrical motors on this ride are like the ones Matt from KI maintenance showed us last year at the KIC event. Flight of Fear has about 30 of them, if I recall correctly.

Hopefully they will have the bad one replaced soon.

Yep, just a single component. The LIM electrical motors on this ride are like the ones Matt from KI maintenance showed us last year at the KIC event. Flight of Fear has about 30 of them, if I recall correctly.

Does Kings Island have spare motors at the park or do they have to call up Premier and order one?

Has the park officially said that it's a LIM? Just remember that there are more than a handful of electrical motors in the entire apparatus. Everything from LIMs to moving lights to the metal gates.
  • Like 2

Aliens? What, some UFO hovered in over FOF and fired its mysterious, blue laser at it? B)

My avatar pleads the (galactic) Fifth Amendment!

This sounds like a job for the Executive U.F.O. Hunter...........

Que the X-Files theme!

• Like 2

There are more motors on fof than just the lim motors. Keep that in mind.

Has the park officially said that it's a LIM? Just remember that there are more than a handful of electrical motors in the entire apparatus. Everything from LIMs to moving lights to the metal gates.

Nope, I just inferred from the Mason reports of an "electrical motor" smoking. The LIMs certainly have the capability to fail more spectacularly than the others. (Drive motors, platform gate as you mentioned, etc)

I shouldn't have assumed, though.

• Like 1

Aliens? What, some UFO hovered in over FOF and fired its mysterious, blue laser at it? B)

Que the X-Files theme!

You could have made a FOF joke, or Outer Limits joke, or an Ancient Aliens joke... Yet you chose X Files... :)
  • Like 2

Que the X-Files theme!

You could have made a FOF joke, or Outer Limits joke, or an Ancient Aliens joke... Yet you chose X Files... :)

Better yet, who couldn't? Heck, I'd rather make a Doctor Who allusion!

(BB1, heading for the TARDIS door)