Mason fire trucks and ems back to X-base

XjoshhyX

It smelt like burnt rubber really bad while being evacuated today, but overall the staff handled it well, minus the girl employee who you could very well tell was nervous and began to panic the children in line in the building. Other than that I'm glad no one was injured.

buga9aru.jpg

If you're supposedly a credible news source for the Cincinnati area, at least learn how to properly spell the name of one of Cincinnati's largest attractions...

And a couple people already mentioned it from http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/warren-county/mason/report-kings-island-flight-of-fear-indoor-roller-coaster-catches-fire article, but...

Flight of Fear is located near The Racer wooden roller coaster in the Coney Island section of the amusement park. It was built in 1996 as the Outer Limits: Flight of Fear coaster and re-named just Flight of Fear in 2006.

No, no, no. As a couple other members have mentioned, the ride was renamed in 2001. The only rides in the park renamed in 2006 were the former Hanna-Barbera ones.

Edit - Also, can't believe I missed this, but the "Coney Island section"? It hasn't been identified as Coney Island since 1985.

• Like 4

^
It also should have better capacity than FOF. Not by too much, but they run 6-cars per train versus 5 for Flight of Fear...

Also, very happy to hear no one was injured. And no, random news station, this does NOT compare at all to what happened on Son of Beast back in 2006...that was far worse.

Edit: Nevermind, see below...

^
Oh- yeah, that likely would be a huge factor- even only running 2 trains, you could have that second train sent out quicker using MCBR and thus increasing capacity. Never mind that comment in my first post then.

• Like 1

I do not envy Don right now. Between yesterday and today do you think he'll say the phrase "There was no fire" more times than he's ridden The Racer?

:lol: LOL

I wonder how long it would take, even at his fastest ability to articulate words, to utter the phrase "There was no fire" more than sixteen-thousand times...

• Like 3

Despite what others posted about it taking weeks to re-open, I expected it would be open today - I mean it was an overheated motor - that happens all the time - I use my drill too long and it overheats and smokes. Let it cool awhile and it works again. same with my shredder. Slow media day is all I have to say.

And the comments posted about the ride in the newspaper article - it is stuff like this why companies start going after false information that people post. I have been to KI plenty of times and a lot of the food places have a line out the door well beyond closing time!

No one should go into PR thinking it's going to be all grand openings and ERTs :-)

The measure of a good PR person isn't how they handle the good news (that's easy, and anyone can do that)...it's how they handle the bad news. I think Don comes off as very credible, forthcoming and calming in these types of situations...all characteristics that show he's a good match for the role

• Like 9

Considering the first article I saw yesterday was headlined something like "Four fires reported in Flight of Fear building" and it was still showing up with that title in my Facebook feed at like 9 last night, I'm sure he's having to field tons of those questions.

I'm just really glad it's back up for when I go later this week. If it scares off a bit of the lines, I can't say I'm sorry. If it keeps people from going to KI at all, I am though.

• Like 3

I have been to KI plenty of times and a lot of the food places have a line out the door well beyond closing time!

On I-Street? Yes. Outside of there, many restaurants close one hour before the park. I discovered that when trying to get something to eat after I split from the group Friday. I asked in Guest Services and was explicitly told that at least Chicken Shack, Hank's, and Juke Box close an hour before the park. I did not ask or receive information about any other restaurants, so there may be others that close early as well.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Considering the first article I saw yesterday was headlined something like "Four fires reported in Flight of Fear building" and it was still showing up with that title in my Facebook feed at like 9 last night, I'm sure he's having to field tons of those questions.

I'm just really glad it's back up for when I go later this week. If it scares off a bit of the lines, I can't say I'm sorry. If it keeps people from going to KI at all, I am though.

I know, right? It always fascinates me (not in a positive way) how much disinformation comes out during 'breaking' news, only to be determined to be false soon after being reported (listen to a few "As It Happened" news broadcasts on YouTube... it sometimes takes about 2-3 hours before all the dramatic disinformation works its way out of the story (examples: "Camp David/The State Department" hit on 911; "Automatic" weapons used against JFK; the Space Shuttle Challenger "Parachute")). I always wait a few hours before forming an opinion these days.

I have been to KI plenty of times and a lot of the food places have a line out the door well beyond closing time!

On I-Street? Yes. Outside of there, many restaurants close one hour before the park. I discovered that when trying to get something to eat after I split from the group Friday. I asked in Guest Services and was explicitly told that at least Chicken Shack, Hank's, and Juke Box close an hour before the park. I did not ask or receive information about any other restaurants, so there may be others that close early as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those same places do not open until 11, either.

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those same places do not open until 11, either.

That is also correct, as I discovered on the morning of the 17th while looking for some early lunch after having been up since 5:00 am.

• Like 2

Well if you think about it, how would it? There is an extra stop rather than during one stop they get off and more get on. Right now they end the ride, stop, people get off, the train moves, people get on, ride the ride. Rinse and repeat. If i'm wrong, by all means correct me. But say there are two people driving down a road, both going the same speed, one stops, lets someone out, the other doesnt, who would be further along? Therefore wasting less time during that trip. Granted the way they do it is kind of cool because here comes an empty train so people think......what happened to the people? I just think that it reduces the capacity this way though.