New Cedar Point Live Cams

The live cam has finally returned, and with 2 of them! I think I've figured out the location, and they're on top of Power Tower. Currently one is facing the front of the park toward GK and the other is facing the other direction toward Dragster. But earlier Tony tweeted that people can use the hashtag #CPlivecam and he would move them based on requests at 2 pm. I personally love the current view and don't want to change, but maybe they are mounted sort of like the only Sandusky Register cam and can swivel and turn (except only done so by Tony, not just anybody.) It's past 2 and they still haven't changed so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I love these new cams!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/live-video-cam

• Like 6

They've now been rotated! One is now facing toward toward the midway and Iron Dragon (it's actually an awesome perspective) and the other is facing Millennium and Mean Streak.

EDIT: They keep changing positions! Now they're both in different places!

EDIT 2: Okay, this is REALLY cool! The cameras can be zoomed in and out, rotated, and moved up and down. Not quite like the Register Cam (we still can't move the cams ourselves) but it's still awesome. I wonder how often they will be moved around.

• Like 2

Register cams still exist? I thought they got rid of those. Last time I used it was to watch them test the new light package @ CP in 2012

I don't think so. I wish these new ones were like that where anyone could move them, but they're still really cool.

Now one is zoomed in on Blue Streak and the other is facing Magnum and Soak City.

Something pretty cool I noticed about the current position of the first cam is that in the bottom right corner you can see several riders on Power Tower when there are at the top of the tower. You can also briefly see they as they fall. It's pretty fun! See my screenshot for an example of what I mean.

powertowerriders_zps10a97da1.jpg

https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/live-video-cam

• Like 7

The first part is the actual Luminosity show itself...with the performers, musicians, singers, acrobats, and dancers. Then (I'm assuming it's the same format as last year) a DJ rises out of the stage and mixes the latest hit music for a while. Depending on the crowds he may play for a little longer or less, but it usually seems it's at least for a 30-45 additional minutes. This is the time when everyone in the crowd really dances around has fun.

• Like 1