Adventure Expressions

I believe that Adventure Express is a staple and should stay put. I also think that it would be interesting though if the initial lift hill was the enclosed guardian section. Concerning BLSC umm yeah it's never on my to do list, just imagine what you could do with that area if BLSC wasn't there.

• Like 7

Like what has been said before, these older steel coasters are going to be rougher then the newer ones. I love the newer steel coasters and the how smooth the run, but I also love the outta of control feeling of the older steel coasters. And I'm one of the few who doesn't think most Arrow Coasters are rough. I love Vortex, Magnum, Adventure Express etc.. Magnum is still my all time Favorite ride at Cedar Point, and Vortex is at Kings Island.

Also... these older steel coasters, in addition to creating more giggles from myself from the unexpected changes in directions, they are often longer rides and more fulfilling. Of course there are exceptions.. but I've gotten that impression from the newer coasters. Especially when you compare the old large woodies getting the Iron Horse treatment.

If only Kings Island could upgrade the theme a little bit. Adventure Express - the coaster itself - is actually not that horrible. I find myself enjoying my ride when I do get a chance to ride it. But it would be a whole lot better if there were maybe some sort of story included in the ride (the ending really does make no sense), fog, mist, better sound effects, animatronics in the other tunnels, etc., etc. - I just really wish KI would add more theme to some of the rides. I guess it's harder than it seems...?

• Like 2

The next to best Arrow mine train in the country?

Sigh.

Which one is the best?

The next to best Arrow mine train in the country?

Sigh.

When you say next to best, do you mean that it is the second best Arrow mine train?

Or are you using that term loosely?

Second best. In my opinion. Only Roadrunner Express at Six Flags Fiesta Texas is better.

• Like 2

Given the title of this topic, I'm a little disappointed this isn't a thread about Adventure Express related poetry.

Adventure Express

Never shall you mess with it

Or now you will pay.

There, a haiku to our favorite Arrow Mine Train coaster at Kings Island.

And with regards to people not liking Adventure Express, it's alright. There are two types of people in the world. Those who enjoy Adventure Express, and those who are wrong.

As another amusing anecdote, just Sunday, I went on a date to Kings Island with a nice young lady from my church. It was going well until I suggested we ride Adventure Express. She told me she'd rather ride Diamondback again because Adventure Express is boring. When I took her home that evening, I told her that I just don't think we really clicked, and that it would be best to just stay friends.

Now the question YOU have to figure out is: do these two events share a cause and effect relationship?

-Homestar92, who doesn't like to think he's Petty but definitely Won't Back Down on certain things, which occasionally causes him to be labelled as a Heartbreaker...

• Like 13

Remove a high capacity, popular, family-friendly attraction that likely very well has more than 30+ years still on its service life (there are many Arrow Mine Trains from the 60's still running today- see Cedar Creek Mine Ride for example- and AE opened in 1991)? Yeah, not really a good idea in my opinion if you just want to "clear some land"- there are plenty of other spots you could put new rides in and not remove anything.

As for the backlash the park would get if they DID do this? Remember the Antique Cars and Flying Eagles removal Paramount did for BLSC? People STILL are hating that move, 10 years later. Adventure Express being removed would likely be an even worse backlash.

• Like 7

Please - just leave all the coasters alone. And bring back Bavarian Beetle, King Cobra, and Screamin' Demon! (and a scale model of the original Bat so we can stand around it and reminisce)

• Like 3

I believe that Adventure Express is a staple and should stay put. I also think that it would be interesting though if the initial lift hill was the enclosed guardian section. Concerning BLSC umm yeah it's never on my to do list, just imagine what you could do with that area if BLSC wasn't there.

There might even be enough room for a Flying Eagles and like an antique car-style ride.

• Like 3

Given the title of this topic, I'm a little disappointed this isn't a thread about Adventure Express related poetry.

A dip, then a bank t'ward yon hollow,

A tantrum of whither-way bends,

Unknown are the wonders that follow,

'Tis 'musing how this journey ends!

For after a lift most beguiling,

(A tease to the novice and tense,)

The sojourn leaves most of them smiling,

A treasure in every sense!

• Like 8

Adventure Express (and Stunt Lot Coaster) is (are) a wonderful transition coaster b/w the thrills a young child sees on Woodstock Express and Flying Ace Arial Chase and the heights they're willing to tackle on The Racer, The Beast, The Bat and Vortex. Perhaps I'm lucky, our 5 year old enjoyed The Beast and Vortex as soon as he hit the 48" mark, but I know I wasn't the same way at that age (heck I don't think I hit the 48" mark until I was like 7) and wish I could have had a more diverse option of coasters as a kid than The Beastie and The Racers before I was willing to tackle The Beast and eventually a few years later Vortex. If anything, I think the park could use another coaster of this ilk, something along the lines of Firechaser Express (or whatever its exact name is down at Dollywood) would be a wonderful addition, even more so if they could maintain its less than 48" height requirement (I believe its 46", but not positive, not sure if that would work in the state of Ohio for an exact clone or not.)

• Like 2

I'll write something:

This coaster is so very fun

With thrill seekers young and old

But when the lights go out

There's no doubt

That this coaster really gets going

Through pitch black tunnels and colored lights

Deeper into the jungle we fly

Until we face the tiki men

Who tell us "Now you will pay" because we've crossed the line!

:)

• Like 4

Adventure Express is one of my all time favorite rides, and I'm teaching my kids to follow that same train of thought. One day when it is gone I hope they look back and remember the times we're having now.

• Like 4

Man, if they were to remove a coaster, I'd personally vote for Firehawk long before either BLSC or AE. I'm not sure they're quite willing to accept what a stinker it is yet, though.

As an enthusiast, I really WANT to like it, and I keep trying occasionally, but it just doesn't do it for me. First, the uncomfortable laying back like I'm at the dentist. Then being held up by my shin bones (ow, ow, ow). Then back to the dentist. There has to be somebody out there that can make some comfortable trains or restraints to make the investment in that ride worthwhile.

After three rides on Manta today, I agree with you 100%. The forces in the Pretzel Loop were great. The combination of floating and being crushed was awesome.

• Like 3