Design a ride for Kings Island.

KIFan1

If you could design one ride for KI what would it be?

Mine would be a second B&M inverted coaster that would go above 300 ft, go above 90 mph and be 6,345 ft if track making it the tallest, fastest, and longest inverted coaster. Plus have the most Inversions on any inverted coaster. KI would then have two inverted coasters Banshee and the one I told you about.

Kings Island already has 3 inverted coasters, your hypothetical addition would make 4 ;)

I said KI "Second B&M Inverted" coaster. Example would be if KI had both Banshee and Raptor.

Doesn't matter WHO makes it, the park has enough of them.

I would greatly renovate the Oktoberfest area and add three small family/thrill rides, bring back the bridge over the lake, vastly makeover the AE Entry plaza area, add a new sit down restaurant, refurbish the Festhaus, add new paths to connect areas, and lastly bring back the skyride (building it in the current AE entry area). I made a map below to further explain my idea. Makeover would likely cost upwards of 15 million and almost double the size of Oktoberfest.

-Ride area 1 would help fill in the ugly side view of Festhaus and bring new life to the already great corner connecting AZ and OF.

-Ride area 2 would finally use the unused outdoor area in front of the Festhaus which currently is only used for patio seating and an old claw game. Plus allow the paths from that area to behind Fury to be connected, all while building a new entry for Fury on this new path.

-Ride Area 3 would make use for a great overhaul of the AE entry plaza. Allowing for a new entry way to AE, and new flat ride, and for a skyride station to be built and once again connect two parts of the park and bring back a nostalgic ride.

-Festhaus would receive a long overdue restoration, and the ice skating rink would return with a show and free skate.

-On the other side of Fury, a massive new Lakeview restaurant serving renaissance food.

-Tower Gardens would mostly stay the same as a nice rest area but would be expanded upon with jumping fountains, beer and beverage spots that would change throughout the season, and other things to expand upon.

-A new sign arch to the area when entering from International Street.

-Lastly bring back the bridge, nuff said

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/dxijYMa5Sq/

I guess I redesigned an area than a ride... oh well this is what I want.

• Like 3

^I second that Oktoberfest should get a makeover. It's pretty much the only park area bar International Street that hasn't gotten a recent one and I think it feels dated. My thinking was to move Sling Shot to X-Base into the backstage area by The Racer and possibly rename it and repaint it red, black, yellow, or a combination (red crossbeams with black and yellow striped poles would look AWESOME). This way, they could use this space to re-route the path a bit and put in Flying Scooters, possibly also reviving the Flying Eagles name. This would give it the opportunity to swing out over the water like the ones at Knott's. Also, if possible, put a Himalaya in there called Autobahn that's themed accordingly. However, I feel like the real appeal here could be lighting. Having a sort of "nightlife" section of the park would be great. Adding Gemini Midway string lights and a lighting package on the new rides and it would complete the package.

This would probably be an unrealistic thought as we JUST GOT a spectacular new coaster, but if they really want to go the KBF Boardwalk with this as I suggested, they could put a path wrapping around behind Flying Eagles (though the above suggestion of adding the bridge defeats the purpose of this) and connect it to a small park model Wild Mouse that could bring back the Bavarian Beetle name. This would not only put a new coaster right next to the other new coaster but the new new coaster be dwarfed by the old new coaster so it has it's issues but I've always felt the park should get a mouse and with Coney Mall nearly full (only place I could imagine for one there would block off potential expansion) Oktoberfest would, theme-wise, be the next best place to put it. Put the arched path behind Flying Eagles and add a mouse framed by two Bavarian-style buildings (possibly a bakery a la BGW and a souvenir shop) and some room to run a path under Banshee to the area behind it and they could have something going for them.

And while we're there, I hate to disobey the 11th commandment, but maybe some love for Adventure. Express is in order. Turn some of the effects back on and plant around it a bit, maybe add some more tunnels to keep Banshee from showing you who's boss the whole time, little things. They've already repainted the sign, who knows what more they do?

Hank's is a bit of a headscratcher, though. It really doesn't have to be there with the Festhaus and Biergarten so close. Maybe turn the building into a nameless facade used for Haunt and serve the food on International Street or a new Tex-Mex place in Rivertown?

I was inspired by the Gemini Midway and Knott's Berry Farm boardwalk, with a bit of help from BGW's Oktoberfest.

-x-

As for my idea, I want them to do a little something-something with the old Crypt building. I feel like it would be the perfect setting for Wonder Mountain's Guardian to get a sister coaster. They should theme it to a mine with hidden treasure but with a Journey to the Center of the Earth-type feel with the underground world and you have to blast dangerous animals. It's big, empty, and abandoned, the perfect place to add one of these.

The park has decent major coasters, but I feel that if they add one more, it should be one more launcher. Cedar Fair already got Mack to do Coast Rider, maybe they could do more custom projects in the future? Maybe one that starts in Action Zone, launches through a Gatekeeper-style renovated entrance, turns onto International Street, meanders up it over the path, and dives into the fountain at the end a la Diving Coaster Vanish before popping back up on the entrance side and turning to go back to Action Zone, possibly corkscrewing over the path? It'd be hard to fit but I feel it can be done.

• Like 3

In the Dark Ride, I would combine high-definition, flexible LED screens (such as those made by PixelFLEX) with bright, fluorescent-colored, mechanically-controlled props and animatronics to create a programmable dark-ride experience, elements of which could be changed to make it a "no-two-rides-are-the-same" attraction. Then I'd add some small lifts/drops to the circuit for some added thrills that would be timed to coincide with some jump scares, etc.

Tb gratuitous re-hash moment! :ph34r: I'd also introduce my Bengals Tilt-a-Whirl, and maybe even Tumblejack!

TbRides.jpg

• Like 2

I would love to see a new dark ride put in, either a new one in Action Zone near Banshee with a gothic theme or in Rivertown where Crypt was with a mine theme. Something like Wonder Mountains Guardian would work or an omnimover style traditional dark ride. If it was another shooter I'd like to see Boo Blasters changed to something new without lasers and be a traditional dark ride again.

Next would be a high speed terrain hugger. Maybe a combination between an Intamin blitz coaster and a giga. That has a few large hills but spends a lot of time low to the ground speeding through the woods and hills.

Last I would also like to see an overhaul/revamp of Oktoberfest. I would move Slingshot into Action Zone to free up that spot for a new flat ride. Also take out the ladder game and Coke zone to make room for a second flat. Think Der Spinning Keggers would be a great ride to bring back. We don't have a tea cup or tilt-a-whirl type attraction right now so could fill that.

I would also change the Festhaus into a German buffet and put in nicer tables and chair and just clean it up in general to make it look nicer. I would also move Hank's to somewhere else in the park and make that a new sit down restaurant with some indoor seating as well as the patio. Keep the bar on the back with a small section kept to it for walk up drinks. Have them serve a mixture of European cuisine at it.

Between the Festhaus and the Guessing game on the corner near Delirium I would built a new shop near there as well, the space just seems a bit barren right now. Maybe even some dummy store fronts that could hold some storage but make it look more like a German village along that walkway.

Lastly on the path between Oktoberfest and Action Zone to break them up more I would add in one of the plant arch walkways like used to be over in Hanna Barbera Land

• Like 2

I would design a B&M Floorless with 7 or 8 inversions. Has a 165ft drop and goes around 70 mph

Sent from my iPhone using... You get the point

Something actually realistic?! Nah, I want a nine-minute wing-rider in X-base.

razmataz, who just had to :)

on the othrer hand I want a 100,000 foot B&M that goes 500mph Vortex lover who just had to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Realistically, id like to see a Mack ride very similar to Helix at Liseberg in Sweden. A dual or triple launch coaster with terrain hugging elements zipping through the woods at speeds of 60-70mph. What's not to like about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the launches, that is The Beast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^ Let me guess: copyright issues?

I get that frequently on Wookieepedia. Newbies show up asking how to send their Star Wars fanfiction to Lucasfilm for publication consideration. We just tell them not to even bother, because Lucasfilm officials cannot even glance at unsolicited submissions because of copyright issues (as one of the higher-ups there once said, paraphrased, there is the risk that if they look at it, even with the intent of rejecting it, and something similar shows up in an officially licensed book later, they could potentially be sued for copyright infringement). Most likely, Cedar Fair rejects unsolicited designs for the same reason.

There is no legal advice for a specific party contained herein. Consult a competent attorney within your jurisdiction if you have or think you may have a legal problem. I am not a lawyer. Terpy is rubbing off on me. End disclaimer. :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'd add a Mack launched coaster called "Wolf Pack!" Placed somewhere in Action Zone, it would fit in perfectly with the spooky theme. I did take some inspiration from Maverick but I tried to make the under the station launch seem like the train's going into an abandoned cabin and I added two extra inversions. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2014 at 10:08 PM, silver2005 said:

I'd design a GCI twister, between 110 and 125 ft, that also takes advantage of the terrain, much like Thunderhead. If I were really ambitious, it would be a dueling coaster.

Lol nice call!

• Like 6

I'd be happy to see the first ever MACK Giga Coaster concept. A lot of people say they'd love to see an Intiman coaster at KI, but MACK is the closest they will get. Track design is almost identical & MACK is much more reliable. But that comes with a price, they are way more expensive.