Cedar Point TO REOPEN MONDAY JUNE 9

All I'm inferring is that CP is going to lose ALOT of money on this debacle. Money that that the Sandusky paupers take from them daily. It is a 20-50 year catastrophe...but money is money ...and the irony is off the charts...to me anyway. They should not be relying on the players that steal...and should be relying on their own resourcefullness.

• Like 1

The thing that binds them right now is all too readilly available in spades... the money they lost could pay for the very thing they may need in the future. And I believe they give 8% gate money for the very thing they need.

Its VERY ironic to me that they are in a water crisis on a ****king peninsula surrounded by **** king water right now.

Not mad at all...I just don't understand the lack of preperation or foresight. But the money is good. Let's sit on it. Money. Let's not forget we made money. Invest it...let's talk to the investors...the shareholders...what do? Make more? OK. Let's reinvest in this money? Shareholders? What say you...?

Soapbox? Yep...i just got off it. And kicked it to the street. I really don't care about this setback. Just more a point in industry, government and accountability in general.

EDIT

8ithcing to 8itch basically.

Nor do I care...I wasn't going there today or tomorrow...but I am certain...that THOUSANDS were.

• Like 1

My classmate Logan got there today after driving with his dad for 4 hours only to be greeted at the park by an official saying it was closed. They don't have money to stay up there so they have to come back to Dayton. Maybe our Kings Island trip Tuesday will cheer him up.

Did the moose out front tell them? :P

Hopefully CP gets this fixed ASAP. I feel sorry for the ones who have to deal with the angry phone calls, e-mails, and Facebook posts.

• Like 4

People need to understand that the City of Sandusky is the one whose water main broke. It is NOT CP`s issue to fix. Things like this happen time to time. Yes, it stinks that it broke, and I`m sure Cedar Point (and Cedar Fair) is disappointed and frustrated that this happened. But they have to rely on the City water works to fix the issue. Once they fix the issue, they have to slowly restore the water pressure and make sure all the systems are restored.

Yes, Cedar Point is surrounded by water, but it is lake water and has not been filtered and treated to be potable water. Cedar Point and Cedar Fair are not going to build their own systems to filter water on their property. That is a service that is typically provided by municipalities. Water main breaks happen.

Several years back, Coney was closed for a day because of a water main break. Some places, like Coney, do utilize well water for some of their water supply. Sunlite Pool at Coney is filled by well water, but before people go swimming in the pool, the water is filtered and treated. There are over 3 million gallons of water in Sunlite pool. Which is more water then any of the wave pools at Kings Island.

• Like 3

malem, CP has no room for a treatment plant. They have to remove rides just to build them if they go big. A treatment plant can cost more then Gatekeeper, Top Thrill Dragster and Millie Force together with all of the permits, digging, pipe work, filters, red tape and EPA junk. Plus, Lake Erie has a lot of stuff in it that I'm sure the boats leak into it. Which I have heard happen more then twice. You also have the bad winters where the lake will freeze bad. The park needs water during the winter for the staff who are full time and for the hotels that are open year round. And you also have the smell that the treatment plant can put off. The only water that CP uses from the lake is for Thunder Canyon. That is I believe treated to a point. But it doesn't look like it. CP uses too much water, and it will cost them big to keep it clean.

Me and my friends drove 5 hours from Indiana Friday night and got a Hotel.. We already bought our tickets and Fast Lane passes....

We get there around exactly 10 line isn't to long yet but they are telling everyone at the parking hate that park is closed

We first thought it was a joke because ERT riders were in the park riding the coasters! We thought hey maybe they are joking and it's just free parking today! Well when we get to the main gates they were all closed and they were having people get in the ticket lines. Our hearts dropped!!

Cedar Point refunded all of our tickets/fast passes and also gave us another free tickets for any day this season! I still lost some hours and a little money but they handled themselves very well! Of course I was very unhappy and quite mad but they did their best and you could tell they were trying! I did not see many irate guest or anything while I was there people were more confused than anything!!

I feel bad for people who were staying in the Hotel and I feel bad for Cedar Point! They have got to be losing some serious money due to this event occurring!

They tried to make their guest happy and handled everything well! (Besides traffic) Hopefully Kings Island handles an event like this the same way if it ever happens

• Like 6

All I'm inferring is that CP is going to lose ALOT of money on this debacle. Money that that the Sandusky paupers take from them daily. It is a 20-50 year catastrophe...but money is money ...and the irony is off the charts...to me anyway. They should not be relying on the players that steal...and should be relying on their own resourcefullness.

Sandusky's main source of water IS Lake Erie:

http://www.ci.sandusky.oh.us/finance/water-sewer-info.htm

Aside from that, CP could prepare for this type of catastrophe by spending millions upon millions to build their own water treatment plant only to never need the system.

Crap happens. Any business owner cannot plan for everything or they would end up bankrupt. Believing they should/ could is the definition of hindsight.

• Like 3

Now I just wonder how crowded Kings Island is going to be today because of this catastrophe?

I do feel really bad for the park though because this is all completely out of their hands. It sounds to me like they have been doing everything they can to keep guests happy and there are just some out there who are ungrateful to them for that effort!

This reminds me of the time Kings Island lost power to most of the park in the late middle of the day back in 2010 on the 4th of July....they kept the park open...but it was disturbingly quiet even with all the people!

Repairs to the water main are completed, and Cedar Point will reopen tomorrow: Monday, June 9. This week only, they're celebrating with a special H2O ticket offer that includes free Soak City, which only seems fitting after a very dry weekend at the park.

From cedarpoint.com:

PARK UPDATE (JUNE 8, 2014 12:51 P.M.) - We are happy to announce that Cedar Point and Soak City will reopen on Monday, June 9. Normal park hours are 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. with Early Entry for Platinum Passholders and Cedar Point Resorts guests at 9 a.m.

The City of Sandusky has completed the necessary repairs to the main water line into Cedar Point.

Guests staying at Hotel Breakers, Lighthouse Point and Sandcastle Suites may purchase admission tickets beginning at 8 a.m. at these properties. Check-in will begin at 4 p.m.

In celebration of our reopening, we’re offering a special money-saving deal to our valued guests - the H20 Offer! Buy a one-day Cedar Point admission ticket now through Sunday, June 15 and receive a FREE Soak City ticket!

The Cedar Point one-day ticket for this offer is $39.99, a savings of $20 off the gate price and must be used by Sunday, June 15, 2014. Free Soak City ticket is valid for use any one day through September 1, 2014. Offer is available online only and not available at park ticket booths.

• Like 1

But I'm not sure that was the case, cause the initial e-mail we received gave us two options regarding Coasting for Kids at Cedar Point. Either take part at Kings Island or get 2 free tickets to visit Cedar Point anytime the rest of the season. We didn't get the e-mail about the new date until Monday.

• Like 2

They should build their own water treatment plant to avoid this scenario in the future. Also, they should put a dome over the park with AC and heating so it can be open year round. It would have to be clear though so I can still look out and see Lake Erie.

That's a lot of lost revenue for Cedar Fair, made even worse by the fact that it happened on a weekend. Bummer.

• Like 2