Surprise trip on 6-5-14

Colonel_SoB_fan

So about 7:30 am on Thursday my boss came up to me at work and said I could leave early. As unforunate of a situation as that was my wife and I decided to reverse the situation and make it a good day maybe even a KI Best Day.

By the time we decided this it was already 10 am and we had to finish the laundry and get ready for Kings Island. So we did not leave Richmond, KY until after 11 am. That means we arrived at Kings Island around 1 pm. Was pretty surprised how crowded the park was for a Thursday afternoon.

First thing we did was get in line for Delirum. Waited about 30 minutes or so. Now although I had followed the construction of the shaded area where the circle use to be located I completely did not see it until later in the day.

After Delirum next up was the world's longest inverted coaster, Banshee. This was my first time seeing Banshee in person and was just amazed by her size. I was worried about how my wife would like it as well as she typically does not do well with inverted coasters. We both throughly enjoyed Banshee. We waited about 10 minutes for Banshee.

I can now say Banshee is my favorite steel coaster.

After Banshee we headed over to The Bat. I really like the new paint job while my wife wishes they would just stick with one name for the ride. We waited about 20 minutes for The Bat.

Next up was suppose to be Cirque Imagine but The Bat took to long. Good thing since Cirque Imagine was standing room only at that show.

We then headed to Adventure Express. Great view of Banshee from that ride. Waited about 15 minutes for Adventure Express.

We were quite thirsty at this point so we went to Jukebox Diner for some Coke Freestyles. We walked through Rivertown and saw The Beast and Diamondback were both hour plus waits and we wanted to see the 5 pm Cirque Imagine show and it was already past 4. So we headed to the fudge shop to get our fudge push ups.

We then headed to Cirque Imagine. Absolutely amazing. As much as I like Banshee this is the best new attraction at Kings Island in 2014.

We then headed to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. I was smoked as usual. We waited about 10 minutes.

After this we headed out to our favorite restaurant in the area Pizza Tower.

We then headed back to park and it was 8:30. That gave us just enough time to get night rides on The Beast and Banshee. I have to say I may never ride Banshee during the day ever again. Such a phenomenal ride in the dark.

We got back to Richmond just after 12:30 am. I woke up at 6 and headed back to work at 7.

It very could of been the best day.

• Like 6

Sounds like you have fun! My only question is, you said: "We then headed to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. I was smoked as usual. We waited about 10 minutes." What do you mean by "smoked"? Did you light yourself on fire and let someone smoke you!? I wouldn't do this myself personally... :)Or maybe your wife raced you to the ride and you lost?

Update: lol, that makes sense.

• Like 2