keep an eye on your lockers

aggravated guest

I went to Kings Island Saturday June 7th 2014 for the first time as a family with my wife and our 5 year old daughter. everything went great until we went to the water park and got a 15$ locker. we left the locker for 2 hours and came back to everything gone except our sandals. they took everything 100$ 2smart phones my id. the only set of keys to our car and all our clothes. i mean really how low can u get to take a 5year olds outfit.anyways the security/kingsisland police was. horrible excluding one nice woman that stuck with us the whole time. All they said was can you get a ride home. they won't talk about the cameras except it was a bad angle. we had trouble seeing you. by the time i have added everything up from the events of that day we are out around 1000$. and all Kings Island says is we have signs that say we are not responsible. well i paid 15 bucks to keep my stuff safe and its gone. turned out to be a horrible day. Still no results from security looks like Im going to have to do the investigation myself. whoever took our stuff has my address and i want there's. I will continue to pursue this. keep your eyes out for activity and look over your shoulders at the lockers. hope this helps someone

Some criminals will watch as people enter their locker code, then return later to steal the contents. Signs around the lockers advise guests to protect their code by covering the keypad. Suspicious behavior around the lockers should be reported to the locker attendant or park security at once.

You should report the smartphones stolen to your carrier, if you haven't already. This will prevent them from being activated, and it might help you recover them later.

Hopefully the criminal(s) responsible are arrested soon. I assume that you filled out a police report?

By the way, this is an unofficial forum not affiliated with Kings Island. If you need to get in touch with security at Kings Island, their number is 513-754-5728. If you need to get in touch with guest relations, call the park's main number to reach the call center: 513-754-5700.

• Like 6

Have you gotten in contact with Kings Island today about the incident? I would suggest doing that tomorrow or sometime soon for more headway.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles, as I would feel the same.

Alls I can say is good chance to hopefully getting somewhere with this because this would probably be a complex thing.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you retrieve everything. I would also ask your carrier to search for the ping to locate the phones, then notify authorities.

Now, I believe these lockers should be fingerprint activated, rather than code activated....can't steal or duplicate a finger print.

• Like 7

If Kings Island were trying to incentivize 3, 4, and 5 day stays (with extra special incentives for staying at conveniently located on-site resort hotels) I'm sure a single day admission to Kings Island would be $96.

• Like 1

Yes i filed a report the very second i noticed it. the security that i talked to yesterday(Monday) told me that they just now looked at it. Im sorry but i would think they would have been looking at them right away. and of course they say Im not allowed to look at them. i have taken care of our phones. did not think about putting the findmyphone app on there but will go back to Verizon and see if we can still do that.

Having charging lockers (because they are almost guaranteed to have easily transported expensive electronics) is like putting candy in a paper bag in front of a bunch of five year old children, and asking them not to eat any. The only way that is going to work is either with close supervision or tight security. Using a simple code rather than a physical key is about as tight of security as that paper bag unattended in front of a bunch of kids.

You just can't advertise such a tasty package and expect no one will come to collect it. Even though most people are honest, if things are too easy, someone dishonest is bound to take advantage.

I would have hoped they would have better supervision, in the form of security employees and/or cameras to make up for the insecurity of the lockers. I assume there is some sort of person watching the lockers, which is most likely why they took the clothes in addition to the "candy". They were attempting to look like a believable enough locker-user to keep from getting caught immediately as a locker-thief.

I think the "we are not responsible for your items" thing should go out the window when you're paying for a locker.

They treat it the same as they treat a parking spot. Your $15, $20, or $25 grants you use of a spot, but no insurance. Same with a locker, I guess.

Right they have not even reimburse the locker fee

Doing so would be a lot like admitting guilt, wouldn't it?

Could maybe help, but if someone walks up to the keypad, enters the correct code, opens a locker, and leaves with its contents, why would an employee being there stop them? How would an employee have any indication that the person getting into the locker is or is not the original owner?

• Like 9

Guest dtk1376

Last time I was at Soak City they had a guy out there next to the lockers helping people out, I think it was one of those ambassadors they just started hiring. I don't know if it's in his job description though to be keeping track of who is assigned to what locker. Hopefully something is able to helped out with you, sounds like the security cameras didn't have much on them so it's going to be hard unless they actually use a credit card or something along those lines to where they can be tracked elsewhere.

More in terms of someone fiddling with the keypads or trying to access the code multiple times. These are electronic so I would assume that they could have a account lockout after 3 or so attempts for 15-20 minutes.

Yes that would stop the random thief just trying codes to open it up, but not stop the would be thief from watching a person enter a code then coming back and using it.

Guest dtk1376

I know you can keep it on your wrist I was just trying to make a point that the key isn't an end all save all of security, I actually prefer the keycode lockers, but would rather have finger print ones more. The keycode ones make it nice to where I don't have to walk around carrying a key with me, only thing I have to worry about is keeping my bathing suit on me, only inconvenience is having to cover up my code when I type it in which is minor. Just gotta hope for something not to happen like what happened in this case.

Another reason that the only locker I use is the trunk of my car.

Problem is, theft from trunks is a big issue too. Maybe larger than locker fraud.

I think we can say without much doubt that there was no malfunction in the locker system. Someone with less than stellar intentions watched you put in the code and came back a few minutes later to rip it off. Lesson learned. Maybe a very expensive lesson, but a lesson none the less.