Lorax's 4 parks 4 days. June 5-8

LoraX

I have a lot of pics so I started a new thread. This will take some time to do all the report because a lot happened in the span of four days.

Katie and I left around 12:15 on Thursday, June 5 to head to Cedar Point. The trip was pretty uneventful in part to Rick (NoChicken) warned us of police presence along a stretch of the trip.

We arrived around 4:45 to the hotel. Thank you Dee (MrsNoChicken) and Rick for letting us stay with you even though it was Rick's birthday.

We headed to the park to process our Platinum Passes that we were finally able to upgrade. This was the fastest, most pain free processing I have ever experienced in my life. I think we walked in and out within 5 minutes. (We had paid online.)

maqevyva.jpg

This was our second trip to Cedar Point and Dee and Rick's first trip. Thank you Zach for leading us around. We ran into Scott almost immediately (IBEWSparky).

I tried to keep track of the rides and the order, however, aside from the kiddie coasters, the only coaster I did not get to ride was TTD. so bummed.

ru4anu9e.jpg

abepyty9.jpg

2y2a5ana.jpg

I will say I love Millie. I rode in row one Friday morning and loved it. Thursday night I rode towards the back and was not disappointed.

ypyqypa5.jpg

ysa6etaz.jpg

More to come for CoasterMania after I get home from work tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 15

CoasterMania 6/6/2014

Wow. I think Cedar Point exceeded all of my expectations. It was a great day. Perfect weather.

a3u2ehy4.jpg

I participated in The Mean Streak challenge. They were giving away 10 2015 Platinum passes. It would have been awesome to win. Katie and Zach rode one train. I went two trains behind them (I went to Millie first).

The challenge was simple. Keep water in a cup. Ha! I can say it's likely the most fair way to do the challenge. They duct taped (from what I could tell) a cup holder to the side of the seat and put a cup in it. They filled the cup to the rim with water.

I kept almost a full cup until we hit mid course. I think I lose most of my water on one swoop.

I am sure you can see Katie in the pic below.

azy8yqam.jpg

Local high school band performing.

enehe5eg.jpg

Lunch time was sweet. Ribs, shrimp, smoked sausage in kraut, cupcakes and cookies and more.

abybe9u2.jpg

Swag! My coaster club membership has paid for itself.

azugusum.jpg

azy3urum.jpg

yvenahyb.jpg

My beautiful friend Dee.

ybe8y6ad.jpg

• Like 12

Waldameer

We were getting ready to go to Cedar Point for a few hours when we heard Cedar Point was closed. Well, we (Zach, Katie and I) decide to go to Wildwater Kingdom. As we start driving there, he realizes we are not going to be too far away from Waldameer and Conneault Lake. None if us had been to either park, so we figured why not go. Sometimes it really stinks when plans go awry, but I had a great day regardless.

jutujutu.jpg

First stop, Waldameer. The park has a couple of options. You can pay per ride or get an all day band to ride all you want. If you are a member of GOCC, you can get discounts, but you have to get the code from Jason. With not planning for this trip and limited funds, we bought enough so we could ride the coasters we wanted, then went back and bought more points for another ride on Ravine Flyer II.

I have to say I love this park. It's small, it's quaint. An amazing woodie, two decent coasters and a great selection of flats. It's similar to Indiana Beach as far as offerings. Ravine Flyer II far exceeds any wooden coaster I've rode. (Will be doing Shivering Timbers very soon, I hear it might be better than Ravine Flyer II.)

u2y2ytat.jpg

by8ezapa.jpg

umynetu5.jpg

I found me a man while at Waldameer. agybesaz.jpg

I really don't understand clowns being in amusement parks. Every child I know is terrified of them. Perhaps it's because of Pennyworth?

daje7e6u.jpg

Love the statues around the park.

nyny9epy.jpg

esa9y9yh.jpg

u5y7a7am.jpg

ve9y7ujy.jpg

qyjazava.jpg

Comet was a decent coaster. Very smooth. I really enjoyed Steel Dragon.

py6aty9u.jpg

yhedy4at.jpg

I cannot wait to go back to this park.

• Like 10

Conneault Lake

Conneault is about 45 minutes from Waldameer. It has very few rides and one coaster.

gyqe3e2a.jpg

avu3utyr.jpg

Blue Streak was built in 1938. It is rickety, it is slow, it was still fun.

qety4ava.jpg

yby8ure2.jpg

He would not give us his name, very nice guy. I told him we will call him Carl and he said that is fine.

9ubegaru.jpg

atygy6a5.jpg

u6era2yq.jpg

ubyvujy2.jpg

Again, I don't understand clowns. ehe3ytuv.jpg

genugydy.jpg

y8ebeqe3.jpg

asabyguj.jpg

apumuha6.jpg

• Like 10

Drive by Wildwater Kingdom and Geauga Lake

I did not take pics of the entrance of Wildwater Kingdom (it was closed before we arrived). It made me really miss SeaWorld just driving by the park though.

Geauga Lake we took pics from Speedway across the street.

ydamu9e5.jpg

a3edy7e2.jpg

ydanezag.jpg

• Like 8

Kings Island

Thank you to Momofbeastie1980 and Beastie1980 for letting us stay at your house (again).

It was a cloudy and at times a rainy day at Kings Island. By the time we got to the park, we were truly exhausted. I had (still have( massive blisters on my feet. So it's actually a welcomed change to have a relaxing day at Kings Island.

Katie and Melissa both were doing the Coasting For Kids fundraiser.

a7y8useh.jpg

5y5esure.jpg

Lucas

8u8y3aba.jpg

apyzuhav.jpg

4ese9ahu.jpg

semejupa.jpg

In the Festhaus two very sleepy KICers catch a snooze. I think it's awesome to see the friendships that have been made through this site.

ryguvygy.jpg

8e2ugu3u.jpg

More pics to come...

• Like 8

Cirque Imagine

I saw all three shows on Sunday.

KICers

zynu5yju.jpg

Because I know some have not seen the show I won't post a ton of pics.

agu6e4yn.jpg

vynuhydy.jpg

7yga3ema.jpg

apu8uqaq.jpg

Looks like Beastie1980 is Stretch Armstrong.

6y5a3ypu.jpg

First time he has ever been asked for a selfie.

u5aja5ub.jpg

zemu2a7u.jpg

CFK some of the participants.

tyhube9y.jpg

• Like 7