Worst Normal Wait Times

solitaire

What are the worst "normal case" scenarios as far as wait times on major rides?

The longest wait time ever thread is mostly populated with wait times from opening days or other special events... but I want to hear about that one time you made the mistake of going on a non-event midsummer Saturday, and were blessed with 75 degree weather, clear skies, and FoF wait times of 90 mins.

If you get my gist, please share with the class.

Son of Beast, it seems like every time I visit (which was at least once a week back in 2000) that thing had a line of at least an hour or more.

"Track 2 is no longer in use and has been permanently, abandoned." ~ Station Master

Although same for me SoB, always had a long wait when it was open and when I was at the park.

• Like 1

Son of Beast, it seems like every time I visit (which was at least once a week back in 2000) that thing had a line of at least an hour or more.

Hmmm. That sounds like the improper tense to use.

:P

Grammar is correct. It now seems.

Recollection may be rosy, though. The thing didn't operate with two trains for weeks and weeks after it first opened. Actually...

• Like 4

That's why I make a bee-line for FoF when the ropes drop. Banshee as often as possible during ERT, then when I see the sea of humanity sweep into the area, I head for Coney Mall. I usually get in a couple rides on FoF before it is more than a station wait. It's still early in the season though, I guess.

• Like 2

We were there a couple of years ago on a random (non-event) Saturday, probably sometime in July. It was just a regular summer day - hot and humid, it was by no means "nice" weather. We got in line for The Beast towards evening. We figured we'd ride that and then catch one more thing before close. Nope. We were in line for at least 2 hours, maybe longer. At one point they shut the ride down for the fireworks. Then we had to finish getting through the queue and onto the ride. It was kind of ridiculous really. It was probably the longest I've ever waited for a ride when it wasn't a new attraction on opening day.

That's why I make a bee-line for FoF when the ropes drop. Banshee as often as possible during ERT, then when I see the sea of humanity sweep into the area, I head for Coney Mall. I usually get in a couple rides on FoF before it is more than a station wait. It's still early in the season though, I guess.

So if you're not in line for FoF by 10:45, forget about it? A friend of mine told me that.

So if you're not in line for FoF by 10:45, forget about it? A friend of mine told me that.

It depends. Sometimes Firehawk opens about 15-30 mins after the park opens. If so, FOF lines can be long as soon as about 10:30. If FH is open, my experience has been getting there anytime before 11 should result in a short wait, esp since the vast majority of those entering at 10 AM will head straight to Banshee.

• Like 2

I've waited 90 minutes for Flight of Fear and Beast at Kings Island before- Flight of Fear was on a fairly crowded Saturday, and Beast I've waited that long twice (Haunt 2010 & Opening Day 2014, both for night rides that were epic and made the wait worth it). At Holiday World, I waited 2 hours for Wildebeest, their water coaster, its debut season of 2010.

Longest wait EVER so far, however, was 4 1/2 hours for Banshee on opening day. But that'd be a "special case" since it was, after all, the ride's public opening.

• Like 1

Firehawk is always the worst for me. The line moves so slowly. And, even with the covering, it is so stinking hot under there. I usually only ride it a few times per year.

McSalsa, we waited 4 hours and 10 minutes on opening day to ride Banshee. Whew!

During the late 80s, I can remember waiting 2-3 hours for the major rides. The Beast even had "Beast" tracks when handled the overflow into the main park. I'm glad there are more high thrill rides so that people are spread out.

• Like 4

^ Yep.....I've waited in some crazy Beast lines back in the day.

Not sure of the times but the mass of people always seemed to spill out well into Rivertown with the paw tracks leading the way and then every switchback in the station open. Pretty sure those were the longest ride lines I've ever encountered.

• Like 2