so dissapointed

aaliyahfan

wink.gif i speak of this from the bottom of my heart. ive been coming to pki since i was 4 now that im 15 i really do love the park as if its home. but i was so dissapointed in the lack of thrill from delerium. i dont mean to sound like a prick but it starts like a lion but comes back a sheep. i mean the sheer size was a factor. i personally would have been more satisfied if this was how the ride was: location: not in Action Zone bring some thrill to coney mall. color was fine. height maybe 50-75 more feet. and speed. wow it really wasn't fast enough for me. and lastly would it be so hard if the ride could COMPLETE its rotation and let you go upside down or at least have thhe seats flip. again i LOVE pki with everything that i own and will still go and still ride delerium. im not bashing them in any way i just wanted to share my utter dissapointmen. i know somebody out there can support this argument.

I'll admit, its not as thrilling as a coaster. This is not a coaster, it is a flat ride and I might say one of the darn near best flats out there.

I had been excited about this ride ever since I saw the first part arrive in the parking lot. I've ridden a couple times so far and absolutely love it. Why does it need to go all the way around? You already go upside down if you at the top, or at least you can't tell which way you are facing, its an all out dissorienting ride with the spinning and the swinging.

You may have been disappointed but I (and I'm sure many others) are still being blown away every time we ride, or just watch.

• Like 1

Why does everyone think that everyhting has be huge and to the extreme? Why don't you just let the park buidl the rides and let them make sure we have rides that anyone and everyone can enjoy. From the comfort and relaxing of the trian, to the most extreme thrill rides and coasters. I for one like Delirium, and don't think it needs any changes. In fact its perfect, and having to do one complete rotation in height would just be too much.

• Like 1

IMO, Delerium is a great flat ride. At this point, I honestly don't care that it's not as extreme as a rollercoaster. I just think it's a darned fun ride to ride. My only beef with it right now is that it needs to be longer. But then again would you want to wait and ride it? Who knows....

~Shadow~

• Like 1

Well for one thing if you set your expectations for a ride to say Top Thrill Dragster heights It will be very hard for any ride to pay off. I for one am very pleased with Delirium, I was VERY and I mean VERY mad about KC leaving but after I rode Delirium It made me see that KC had a great run and will allways have a place in the hearts of all it's riders but Delirium is another great ride like KC so As I see it they made a great trade! ph34r.gif

• Like 1

I doubt if PKI had much say in the size of the seats. They are probably a standard seat on any Huss frisbee ride. If there is any one to be upset with, it should be Huss. When a park like PKI buys a cookie-cutter ride, they can pick colors, but probably have very little say in what the specs are.

• Like 1

One thing that ticked me off from last weekend-- Everytime I walked by Delirium (which was a lot), the op would say that you have to be taller than 54 inches, and shorter than 6'4"(said 6-4). It just sounds stupid. It would be cool if he said taller than 4'6"(4-6) and shorter than 6-4, or 54 inches and 76 inches... Just one of those pet peeve things, and I think it made him look dumb.

and lastly would it be so hard if the ride could COMPLETE its rotation and let you go upside down or at least have thhe seats flip.

Im sorry that you feel the way that you do about the newest ride, I believe it was a great investment and definately a keeper. However, just to let you know, Ohio law prohibits any "swinging" ride such as Delirium and Swinging Ships from performing a complete loop. So it really couldn't happen anywhere at any park in the state of Ohio.

• Like 1

if you're an eighth too tall, do they check that? or are you just uncomfortable in the seat?

I rode and I don't remember them saying anything about being to tall. I am 6'6" and rode it no problem. I can't believe that PKI would be dumb enough to install more rides, that don't allow everyone to ride. That is just poor business sense.

They do say 6-4. I've heard it a few too many times to be wrong. But hey, maybe you're lucky on this one, and most of your height is in your legs. It isn't poor buisness sense to exclude people, so long as it isn't the majority. And while it does stink for tall people, it is a ride that caters to the masses, and not everyone is going to be able to ride everything.

Edited by Losing Streak

I wonder what Ohio's reasoning for "No Inverter Ships" is huh.gif . On to other topics I am the right height and sizr for every ride so I don't have any problems but I do see why Delirium has it's Height limit because I fit real snug in the seat and you are very close to the riders next to you. ph34r.gif

I`m fairly certain that Ohio state Law, known as Ohio Revised Code, does not forbid inverting ships. Unless, the rule is not with all the other rides and ride inspection rules, it`s not a law. The ride rules and regulations can be found starting in section 1711.50 of the Ohio Revised Code.

• Like 1