Which ride?

Pbmcd

Drop Tower assuming my wife can talk me into the line. It's her favorite so I'll do it with her. I've certainly drug her onto roller coasters she was not fond of...

I'm not worried or nervous about SlingShot or Skyflyer because they fall into my NOPE! category. I'm not stressing over something I'm never going to do.

• Like 3

The only one that can make me nervous about it is Skyscraper at Cedar Point. Ive done Skyflyers and Slightshots many times and they don't bother me one bit but Skyscraper can make me have second thoughts. I love it.

• Like 1

Definitely Drop Tower. I posted in the Drop Tower thread about how my heart was pounding the first time I ever rode it, last Monday. That's the first time in probably decades that I've had that primal of a fear reaction on any ride. Love that!

Even though I wasn't as afraid the second time, I don't think it will ever stop making me nervous. Like the Demon Drop before it, for the first moments of free-fall, I temporarily lose my ability to see (at least, to process that sense) out of fear.

• Like 2

Drop Tower, Skyflyer, SlingShot, and WindSeeker. I will usually avoid those rides.

McThwaggy used his iPhone using Thwaggatalk.

BB1 occasionally rides WindSeeker often, for it is not that bad.

I tend to stay away from the big droppy thingies in Action Zone........some places BB1 shall NEVER explore!

• Like 5

I can handle the Power Tower at CP that launches you upward. No biggie. However, Drop Tower is a different story.

The height doesn't bother me, but the suspense of not knowing when the drop is bothers me.

I've only ridden it twice and I will only ride it if I have friends with me who really want to ride it.

• Like 1

There are a lot of Drop Tower replies in this thread! It was the first thing to pop into my head. I'm not afraid of heights as long as I feel safe, and I do feel safe on the Drop Tower, but the anticipation is so nerve-wracking! Also, my bf and I try to do every ride with no hands. It's so very hard (and thrilling) to be up there, waiting to drop, holding my hands out instead of gripping the handbars for dear life.

Another ride that makes me nervous is the Slingshot, which I've done a handful of times. I'm not afraid of it, but it makes me terribly dizzy most of the time, which is a shame because I think the ride is really cool otherwise. :/ The Skyflyer was also pretty nerve-wracking, but only the part where you are being lifted and the moment of pulling the cord. I've only done it once, but it reminded me of riding the Delirium, only horizontally. P:

I see a reoccurring theme in response, anticipation. It's the real killer!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

WindSeeker... although I love to ride on rides which are very tall, I have a great fear of heights. With WindSeeker, I'm always afraid that I will be left hanging at approximately 300 feet like those poor people at Knotts Berry Farm back in 2012. They were just hanging in space for 3 hours. Whew!

• Like 1

Drop Tower for two reasons.... one the obvious height and anticipation issue, but the other is am I going to fit. It's the only ride in the park I have an issue with. Sometimes I get a seat that I fit fine into with no assistance and sometimes they have to stuff me in untill I can't breathe to get the buckle to latch. This seems to be in direct correlation to how new or faded the belt looks on a given seat, but I am a nervous wreck standing in line wondering if I'm going to fit today or not. It's my kid's favorite ride though so I put myself through it every time. With regards to WindSeeker, I am also afraid of heights and I thought it would be scary but I found it very anti-climactic when I actually rode it. Yeah, you are way up there, but you are just poking around not very fast in a circle... kind of boring in my opinion. It's cool at night though being able to see the whole park lit up.

• Like 1

I have a number of weird fears on certain rides at Kings Island:

WindSeeker makes me nervous because I always fear that the two person chair might become detached from the pole (even though there are like ten bolts holding the chair and pole together).

Drop Tower makes me nervous because I never know for sure that the magnetic brakes will kick in. (even though they always have and always do) The anticipation thing doesn't bother me that much.

On Delirium I always have this thought in the back of my head that one day, the Frisbee part of the ride will fling off and fly towards the International Street fountain or towards Banshee. Then I proceed to tell myself just how crazy I am.

I will probably keep going on Adventure Express until one of the jolts on the ride injures me.

Flight of Fear makes me nervous because I think one of the LIM's might catch fire again.

The Bat makes me nervous because I always think that the suspended train might derail, like Ninja did at Six Flags.

My biggest (yet unrealistic) fear at KI? Probably Firehawk's restraints coming unlocked mid-ride.

• Like 1

Well I haven't worked up the nerve for Drop Tower or Skyflyer yet, so those are out. I have entertained the idea of getting in line for both of them, and that was enough to freak me out.

I'll go with Slingshot, because I do enjoy an occasional ride on it, and it still gives me that nervous feeling. Going up the lift hill on Diamondback, too. I used to get nervous on Firehawk because of the restraints but the more I've ridden it, the more I've gotten over that fear and now really enjoy it.

Nothing scares me in the park. There are some I will only ride once or twice a season though. Invertigo is my least favorite in the park followed by Vortex. Droppy things don't bother me. I love the free fall part of it.

• Like 3