Smoke reported at Flight of Fear.

stashua123

Tweeted by Local 12.

kFeq7GoD_normal.jpegLocal 12/WKRC-TV @Local12 · 5m

BREAKING: Reports of a structure fire at the Flight of Fear at Kings Island. Fire is responding.

and WCPO posted an article

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/warren-county/mason/fire-reported-at-kings-islands-flight-of-fear-roller-coaster-again

MASON, Ohio -- Fire crews are at Kings Island's Flight of Fear roller coaster for the second time this month.

Crews arrived at approximately 10:45 a.m. Saturday morning for reports of a fire, according to Warren County Emergency dispatchers.

Smoke could be seen over the warehouse where the indoor roller coaster is housed, as shown in the photo above originally posted onto the message board website KICentral.com.

Fire crews also responded earlier this month when the indoor roller coaster filled with smoke after a motor malfunctioned.

Eighteen people were exposed to thick smoke on June 2, but no one was seriously hurt. The ride was shut down for a day until it was deemed safe.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. WCPO HAS A CREW ON ITS WAY TO THE SCENE AND WILL ADD MORE INFORMATION SHORTLY.

I

It says in the article that it was renamed in 2006 when really it was 2001!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Let me clarify: The part that caused the last issue was replaced. It seems how the media is reporting, that it is a similar problem to the previous occurrence. I am not trying to be the rumor spreader, but it leads me to that conclusion. I just put one and one together, and got two.

• Like 1

While the incident involving FoF is unfortunate, reading through this thread I can't help but to notice that every time the media covers KI we're all on here correcting the articles.

We could all make a lot of money if news networks and newspapers hired coaster geeks to proofread their articles and stories before publishing them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the incident involving FoF is unfortunate, reading through this thread I can't help but to notice that every time the media covers KI we're all on here correcting the articles.

We could all make a lot of money if news networks and newspapers hired coaster geeks to proofread their articles and stories before publishing them

In today's world of media it's better to be first to market than best to market. Therefore, small details (such as when a ride was renamed) that are irrelevant aren't thoroughly fact checked. I'm sure that die-hard Reds fans can pick apart articles about the team, Bengals fans can do the same, and so on. If you're an "expert" in the field then small factoids like that will stick out at you while the average person wouldn't even notice.

• Like 5

In today's world of media it's better to be first to market than best to market. Therefore, small details (such as when a ride was renamed) that are irrelevant aren't thoroughly fact checked. I'm sure that die-hard Reds fans can pick apart articles about the team, Bengals fans can do the same, and so on. If you're an "expert" in the field then small factoids like that will stick out at you while the average person wouldn't even notice.

But half the time they are reporting completely wrong information. Ol' Walter and Edward are rolling in their graves.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 3

The only time "most accurate" seems to matter in the news media is when it comes to weather forecasts, and even then, when there's severe weather, they go back to emphasizing who brought it to you first and/or who has the most advanced weather radar technology. One station here used to boast about having radar feeds from Evansville and Fort Wayne.

• Like 1