Smoke reported at Flight of Fear.

stashua123

AGAIN?????? And it just got over smelling rancid instead of darkrideish. Surely it was Firehawk's fault!

Per the news release, the electrical panel involved isn't actually part of the ride. Supposedly the ride itself was down for less than an hour today, so that emergency personnel could access the area.

• Like 1

AGAIN?????? And it just got over smelling rancid instead of darkrideish. Surely it was Firehawk's fault!

Per the news release, the electrical panel involved isn't actually part of the ride. Supposedly the ride itself was down for less than an hour today, so that emergency personnel could access the area.

That hardly matters to the general public, though. They will continue to claim it caught fire no matter how many times the actual story is explained, and with each retelling of the story, this alleged fire will get bigger and more destructive. I need to learn to stay away from comment sections on articles. I've seen many people claiming that the ride must surely be unsafe and needs to go.

I really wish the General Public would just listen to us enthusiasts. Or park officials. Or reason.

• Like 8

I was at the park for a while this evening. Around 5pm, Flight of Fear was listed on the scrolling signs outside the front gate as being closed (along with Shake, Rattle & Roll.) When I approached the ride, there were what appeared to be ride operators (and a security guard) standing at the entrance and exit of the ride. The entrance itself was blocked off with a trash can that appeared to have a trash bag taped to the top of it (?).

• Like 3

That hardly matters to the general public, though. They will continue to claim it caught fire no matter how many times the actual story is explained, and with each retelling of the story, this alleged fire will get bigger and more destructive. I need to learn to stay away from comment sections on articles. I've seen many people claiming that the ride must surely be unsafe and needs to go.

I really wish the General Public would just listen to us enthusiasts. Or park officials. Or reason.

Would that be the same enthusiasts who were making jokes here before the extent of the incident was even known?

Even now, what do "enthusiasts" know about the incident that the park hasn't told the public?

Terp, known for asking questions, not always comfortable ones.

• Like 7

Does anyone else find it a bit suspicious that there have been three fires in three different places (one with the motor being overheated, one with the panel, and one with a pump house) and they're all supposedly unrelated, but yet they have all been in the same place (near or in Flight of Fear) and occurred within two weeks?

Guest dtk1376

Does anyone else find it a bit suspicious that there have been three fires in three different places (one with the motor being overheated, one with the panel, and one with a pump house) and they're all supposedly unrelated, but yet they have all been in the same place (near or in Flight of Fear) and occurred within two weeks?

Wait.. there was a fire??? Oh my God, everyone run!!!

^ With the last closure, the signs at the front gate said that it was closed hours after it reopened.

The best place to check ride statuses (without walking all over the park) is on the TV monitors at the information booth (former FUN Perks booth) near the front gate.

• Like 4

Why didn't you fix it for us?

I have a Time Travel Committee meeting coming up last Thursday that I need to prepare for.
Just got back from that, no worries, you didn't miss a thing. Although, they did find a new X File that I need to look into. Something about some new Limits, it looks small, but it is bigger on the inside.

Shake, Rattle and Roll was closed today and had the same sign.

SRR has been closed at least since Monday. I was mildly disappointed as that's one of my favorite flat rides at the park.

Looks like that ride really needed a hug...

u7age5y6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 5