Smoke reported at Flight of Fear.

stashua123

Maybe. It almost looks like they have the arms supporting the weight of the entire structure. I've never seen anything like it. But they're clearly working on it so I'm sure it'll be back thrilling the kids in no time.

Side note: SR&R was my first ride EVER at Kings Island.

• Like 4

I saw the blurb in the paper, and came here first, to see if anyone can see what is happening. Thanks to the on the sport reports, when I saw 'fire' in the news, I became suspicious, because that was reported last time, and it was only a smoking engine.

• Like 1

I had just gotten off Flight of Fear probably 10 minutes before the fire occurred. I met a friend up by the games near the entrance to the path for X Base around 10:30 AM. We then walked back towards X Base and he went to get in line for Flight of Fear while the rest of us got in line for Firehawk. We were next in line to ride when black smoke began to pour from what looked like the back end of the building. This was probably roughly about 10:35-10:45 AM. They made us evacuate Firehawk and my friend was in the UFO part of Flight of Fear when he was asked to evacuate. They told everyone with stuff in lockers to get it out.

Later in the day Firehawk was up and running again. You could smell the smoke/burning odor all the way down by Diamondback for a little bit.

• Like 2

First off Just because there is Smoke does not mean there is a fire. Do I think that it is weird that there was 2 smoke related incidents in 2 weeks near the same ride, Yes but reporting in this country has really gone out of hand. Its more about who can be first than who can bring the most accurate information. And then they leave it on their site instead of editing the story to tell the actual story instead of the truth. I would rather watch the daily show for my news than actual news.

• Like 3

Tweeted by Local 12.

BREAKING: Reports of a structure fire at the Flight of Fear at Kings Island. Fire is responding.

and WCPO posted an article

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/warren-county/mason/fire-reported-at-kings-islands-flight-of-fear-roller-coaster-again

MASON, Ohio -- Fire crews are at Kings Island's Flight of Fear roller coaster for the second time this month.

Crews arrived at approximately 10:45 a.m. Saturday morning for reports of a fire, according to Warren County Emergency dispatchers.

Smoke could be seen over the warehouse where the indoor roller coaster is housed, as shown in the photo above originally posted onto the message board website KICentral.com.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. WCPO HAS A CREW ON ITS WAY TO THE SCENE AND WILL ADD MORE INFORMATION SHORTLY.

Not again! Could this mean Flight of Fear could be removed? I hope not!

^ As previously mentioned, the smoke was coming from an electrical panel that isn't part of the ride.

No reason has been given for the current downtime. Flight of Fear's launch uses enough power (at peak) to supply hundreds of houses. With work on an (apparent) electrical problem nearby, it's really not surprising that it would be kept closed.

"Kinds" Island?

Flight of "fear"?

Why?

My Kindle won't even let me make a lowercase "f".

Grr.

BB7, starting to lose respect for news reporters.

To cause damage to someone like that isn't just two pushes on the chest. If I walk up to you and started its going to be uncomfortable and a bit of pain, but usually you're not cracking ribs or anything till at least a minute or so into a code and that's on geriatrics, normal adults only had one guy I ever coded my age and he never got cracked ribs.

But it does get way worse for medical. Saw a bag of K hung above 1L NS..and the bag of K was bigger..sigh

• Like 1

I used to absolutely despise watching Matlock with my mother. Worse, she loved it.

Television dramas do not generally accurately depict real life. Nor does so-called reality television. Oddly, among the best at it, of all things, are soap operas.

The author herein is not engaged in the private practice of law, the art of being a television critic, nor does he currently write screenplays for a remuneration. More interestingly, he does not own a television nor pay a cable bill. Nor do his comments apply to Perry Mason, which was far more realistic than most, and may well have contributed to the overabundance of attorneys in this Nation. Carefully written disclaimers (or company taglines in press releases) can reveal much, but only to the careful reader. This is a disclaimer.

• Like 7