For Those Who Have Been To Holiday World...

Don't worry about lines. Just make sure you ride the three woodies - The Voyage, The Legend, The Raven - and Liberty Launch. I honestly feel like Holiday World could use some bigger thrill rides, because other than Liberty Launch, there's mostly carnival-like rides. But their three big coasters make up for it all, and well, the amazing prices, cleanliness, staff, food...

Are you planning on going to the water park at all?

• Like 2

Don't worry about lines. Just make sure you ride the three woodies - The Voyage, The Legend, The Raven - and Liberty Launch. I honestly feel like Holiday World could use some bigger thrill rides, because other than Liberty Launch, there's mostly carnival-like rides. But their three big coasters make up for it all, and well, the amazing prices, cleanliness, staff, food...

Are you planning on going to the water park at all?

Maybe. I'm not a big water park person but the rest of my family will be spending a lot of time over there so I may go for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't have called myself a big waterpark person before too- but the waterpark at Holiday World is huge, so I'd suggest at least trying the "Water Coasters" Wildebeest & Mammoth as they are incredible- but they can also get 1-2 hour waits, so I'd hit them as soon as the waterpark opens if possible. There's also numerous waterslides that I could call nothing less than huge- ZOOMbabwe (100+ foot tall enclosed raft slide), Zinga (Giant Funnel), Jungle Racer (huge mat racing slide), Bakuli (Giant Bowl Slide), and Hyena Falls' biggest slide (with a half pipe) would be the standouts there. They also have a great lazy river, 2 huge wave pools, and 2 water play structures. However the waterpark can get really crowded really fast on most days so if you do make it a priority, it will eat most of your day right there though you should still be able to fit in the 3 wood coasters as well. They also have a decent log flume & river rapids ride. As for the flat rides, there really isn't much that stands out.

Basically, Holiday World isn't a huge park like Kings Island, and one good thing about that is that you should really be able to hit all their big A-List attractions (which I'd say are the 3 woodies & water coasters) in one day with time to spare even if it's crowded. At Kings Island, on a crowded day, it's MUCH harder since there are even more people and also more "AAA" attractions you'd need to hit, so you may need to pick & choose.

• Like 4

Thanks for the water park tips. That has made my plans for hitting it on my trip in August a bit clearer - spend Saturday doing as much as I can in the main park and spend Sunday at the water park. That should give me enough time to re-ride the coasters and anything else I want to do before I head home that night, and being 10 minutes away, I won't have to worry about it being too crowded when I get there :)

Actually, thinking hard about it, I don't think Holiday World has any body slides anymore, save the kiddie ones attached to the 2 water play structures. Wildebeest has a 4-in-a-row raft, Mammoth has a circle-clover-like raft that can hold 6 riders, ZOOMbabwe, Zinga, and Bakuli have circular 4-person rafts, Hyena Falls gives you the choice of a 1-or-2 person tube raft, and Jungle Racer gives you a mat to slide on. Even the family slides like Watubee (4 seat circle raft) and Otorongo (single rider tube) aren't body slides.

Huh- I guess the lack of a major body slide would be the one weak spot in Holiday World's waterpark lineup...

• Like 1

True- they have so many great raft-or-tube style slides, the lack of body slides really wasn't something I'd ever even notice when at Holiday World. In fact I didn't notice it until I read someone else say it in a review of the park. And the only body slide I could think of that would live up to the park's waterpark rep would be one of those "floor drop" slides, or a "looping" one, but the latter could also probably be done with a tube slide.