Bring a Friend Days?

Dieseltech20

Attended our first one of these yesterday with the Wife's Sister and her family. Bad move and it will never happen again.

Do people actually bring their friends or do they just buy tickets for whomever they can find to make a little profit for themselves?

Yesterday was the worst crowd we have ever experienced at KI. I am not talking about crowd size either. While it was a big crowd it was hands down the most rude/crude group of people one could imagine. Security/Park Police were busy to say the least. Those of you upset by line cutting and Personal Space issues would have fainted.

The best part was having people walk straight to the front of a packed food line and place an order. The fact that the employee would fill that order was amazing.

We have not many visits yet this year and are hoping this was in fact due to BAF and is not a sign of the clientele one should expect at the park all season.

• Like 2

Yesterday was the third time I've gone to one. It also was not the most crowded that goes to whatever year I went when it was bring a friend free. I had a lot of fun yesterday but we stayed in the water park. I don't mind the crowds when I am at the water park. I did notice the quality of people didn't seem to be the best. There was also a lot of people smoking wherever they pleased.

• Like 2

Hence the reason we went to CP instead. It was fabulous! (Bonus points if you know why) It will now be a Sunday we go to CP for every year. Crowds were great both in numbers and in attitude. And I got to eat free for being a Father! (With a previously purchased season dining plan)

Minus the burnt shoulders and ankles, it was a great day! Sorry to hear your KI trip wasn't as pleasant. Hopefully it was just a one time occourance as the family and I will be back next Sunday.

• Like 4

Longest wait was maybe 30 minutes for TTD and that's only due to them running half trains. Every time they ran a full, it would roll back. If course the final roll back happened one train in front of us and then everything was fine the rest of the day. One of these days...

Longest wait was maybe 30 minutes for TTD and that's only due to them running half trains. Every time they ran a full, it would roll back. If course the final roll back happened one train in front of us and then everything was fine the rest of the day. One of these days...

I went today and the longest I waited for anything was 15 min.

Aside from the "trash" we had a great time. The crowd was minimal while Soak City was open.

Diamondback was having issues which added to the frustration. Was on 2 train operations for a bit. While we were in line they decided to put the third train back on. It didn't take long for the ride to go down and require removal of the third train...again. Green Train if I remember correctly. That process garnered quite the reaction from people in line, lol.

Kings Island must have liked the increased business over the weekend, as the next two Sundays are now bring-a-friend days as well. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/June-15-Bring-Up-To-Four-Friends-for-Only-1499-Each

Gold and platinum passholders can visit any ticket window to buy tickets for up to 4 friends for $14.99 each.

Yesterday they were selling the tickets right outside the entrance. It was actually a very simple and painless process.

The park employees, for the most part, were great yesterday as well.

I will not set foot anywhere near the park on those two Sundays, lol.

I was working yesterday out at parking and we ran out of preferred parking. The security was way overwhelmed. Cars were pared illegally in the handicapped spots. People actually have to buy tickets for others. The associates and supervisors are always looking out on the pavilion for people who try to sell tickets. I have had to call security to have ticket scalpers removed from the park. I would NEVER go there on one of those days. The BAF days are usually Mother's and Father's Day.

I wonder why they don't give every gold pass holder vouchers for a couple of $14.99 tickets with certain days blacked out, instead of just doing these few insanely crowded bring a friend days during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They want to profit off of Fast Lane.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I wonder why they don't give every gold pass holder vouchers for a couple of $14.99 tickets with certain days blacked out, instead of just doing these few insanely crowded bring a friend days during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They want to profit off of Fast Lane.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Call it Kachings Island. :lol:

• Like 2