Upcoming Changes to Western Row near KI

BoddaH1994

I always hate turning left onto Western Row when going to employee parking, hopefully this will make it less of a hassle. Recently I've been taking the long way to KI - driving down Montgomery then turning onto Columbia, and going straight into the employee parking. Much easier and less traffic.

• Like 2

I say we get rid of the traffic lights, the're a headache!

I initially read the title of that video as "Crazy Driving in Indiana". I knew drivers were crazy out there, but I had never imagined that!

I'm actually slightly sad that I ended up reading it correctly the second time around. My version was so much more fun!

• Like 4

Living in Cincinnati, traveling through the big cities of our beloved U. S. A. and KI's front door western row is cake walk.

Here out west they are starting with the x left interchanges, round a bouts, lots of traffic, of course, and we use the surface streets and stay off the Interstates.

Coming back to Cincy like we do its nice to even hit the beltway 275 with minimal ease...

Hope KI can be a part of the new fix, and everyone is happier till the next big housing, retail, restaurant developments of the day, and imagining what it will be like in 20 to 30 years in front of KI....

• Like 2

I'll second Terpy on Atlanta traffic. Rolled through there Saturday morning on the way to Tybee Island and I-75 was still backed up.

We will be coming up through North and South Carolina and hitting I-40 on the return trip later in the week. Hate Atlanta.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

• Like 2

Living in Cincinnati, traveling through the big cities of our beloved U. S. A. and KI's front door western row is cake walk.

Here out west they are starting with the x left interchanges, round a bouts, lots of traffic, of course, and we use the surface streets and stay off the Interstates.

Coming back to Cincy like we do its nice to even hit the beltway 275 with minimal ease...

Hope KI can be a part of the new fix, and everyone is happier till the next big housing, retail, restaurant developments of the day, and imagining what it will be like in 20 to 30 years in front of KI....

The I-75/State Route 63 interchange just 10 miles from the park was redone into I believe what was one of those X interchanges fairly recently. It was when the outlet mall was being built.

Quite confusing at first.

• Like 3

I agree with Homestar above...Bypass 4 is horrible. I'm convinced that the designers of those "super intersections" also have some stake in the manufacture of traffic lights (count how many there are each at Symmes and Tylersville!). I hope they don't consider that intersection design anywhere in Mason, 'cause I live here!

I've driven quite a bit in Italy and Austria, and IMHO the roundabout wins for efficiency at an intersection, quick in-quick out. Takes a bit of practice to get used to, but once they are understood by the general driving population, they're hard to beat for traffic flow. (yes I realize I'm probably in the minority with that opinion, but oh well! :P )

I've also driven in most major cities here in the US (with the exception of DC-sorry Terp!), and most are terrible. My least favorite spots:

1) Chicago loop

2) "Spaghetti Junction" in Atlanta

3) ALL of LA

• Like 2

At least it won't be like the unholy abomination that is Bypass 4. That is the second worst thing in the world, ranking just below oral surgery.

The first time I encountered that, I was driving west on Symmes and when I got to Bypass 4, I thought "What do you mean I can't go straight?!?" Having to turn right, make a U-turn and then another right just to continue on the road I was originally on makes absolutely no sense to me!

Try Gary....

Try him? I have to live with him!

• Like 3

I heard awhile back that they were wanting to turn the Beechmont/Five Mile intersection into one of those like on Bypass 4...hope it doesn't happen

I wonder why? While the Beechmont/Five Mile intersection gets congested, it's not all that bad. It's about 10% as bad as where Beechmont meets 275.

Avoid 32 in either direction near 275 at all costs from about 3:45 - 6:00 PM. Of course if anyone didn't know that by now, then me posting it isn't going to help them because they're probably too dumb to read.

• Like 1