Banshee stuck on lift hill

Magenta Lizard

I know you don't like Facebook, so you're probably happy not to see the comments on WHIO's story there. People are saying stuff to the effect "their rides are death traps with all the fires and now this!"

Great reporting. They got the attention, but not the facts. Gossips would probably do a better job of transmitting true information.

• Like 7

Once upon a time, there were editors, fact checkers, proof readers....

When was that??

Is it just me or they seem to have gotten worse over the last decade? I remember the days that followed the SOB incident, news media were like turkey vultures. And again at SeaWorld Orlando following the February 2010 incident, I remember Manta making news headlines when it e-stopped on its lift which was a few days later. Manta I seen few times prior e-stop on the lift and it didn't make the news. -,-

Guess its cause of this social media garbage.

• Like 3

Once upon a time, there were editors, fact checkers, proof readers....

When was that??

Is it just me or they seem to have gotten worse over the last decade? I remember the days that followed the SOB incident, news media were like turkey vultures. And again at SeaWorld Orlando following the February 2010 incident, I remember Manta making news headlines when it e-stopped on its lift which was a few days later. Manta I seen few times prior e-stop on the lift and it didn't make the news. -,-

Guess its cause of this social media garbage.

Back in the day (mid to late 90s and early 2000 was the biggest boom for TV, before stations cut people, quickly), TV/Radio stations had multiple people working, that was just the locals. Not to count the cable guys who had just started throwing their weight around.

In TV, the way it used to work would be....

The News Director, meets with his producerS (notice the s), who would pitch stories or ideas. The producer who had already met with his/her news team which would include reporters had the stories. The ND and the producer would build the show.

You had a reporter AND a videographer. Not to be confused with an investigative reporter, a lifestyles reporter, sports, etc etc etc. The reporter and videographer already have information from research. The reporter who go collect interviews and put together a story. With so many people working 1 reporter would only need to do 2-3 stories a day. A video editor would receive the tape from the videographer and edit the story together. An editor would also be available as well as a fact checker.

Now you have a ND and maybe 1-2 producers who work multiple shows. The producer will write the script while the single to sometimes 2 reporters are collecting 7-12 stories each day, plus their big weekly story. You may have 2-3 videographers who are also your video editors.

The new digital age has also made it much harder to collect stories and be timely. By the time a story is videod, edited, and aired, a raw YouTube video may get 2000 or more hits....

Dont get me started on the decimation that happened behind the camera in a newsroom...

My question? Why the sudden witch hunt for my happy place? Put down the pitchforks and flames, media.

Must be a reeaaallly slow news day if this is what they're reporting on.

KI is big news in this area. People are becoming numb to news stories about murder and crime. If you can read about a ride or the park after it got all this attention earlier in the year. More clicks/eyeballs to the story means more advertising dollars.

No longer is it about the news, but its about what will get the most viewers.

• Like 1

And how often is there a reporter who may be there on an off day and sees it. Calls it in and someone puts it on the big board...

Following the last few weeks and what happened at FoF expect more of this. As long as it gets "clicks" then it will keep happening...

• Like 1

Ugh, when we got to bed, my husband said "oh, did you see this?" and showed me his phone with the WHIO story on his Facebook feed. Which means it is still showing up as a big story an hour after closing. Preeeettty sure it's not still stuck on the lift hill anymore guys.

Ok, if it was still stuck with people on board an hour after closing, that would be a story.

Anyone there see how long it actually was stopped? If it was more than 15 minutes I'd be surprised.

I'm still looking forward to going to the park tomorrow. I hope FoF is open :)

Ugh, when we got to bed, my husband said "oh, did you see this?" and showed me his phone with the WHIO story on his Facebook feed. Which means it is still showing up as a big story an hour after closing. Preeeettty sure it's not still stuck on the lift hill anymore guys.

But, I bet Vortex is "stuck" on the lift hill right now, unless it was running on two trains today for some reason.