Banshee stuck on lift hill

Magenta Lizard

The Enquirer at its best again.

The incident reportedly happened around 7:30 p.m. The ride resumed shortly after, and was working Tuesday morning, Helbig said.

If the ride would have been stopped for an extended period of time, park operators would have taken the riders off, he added.

No injuries were reported.

"Things like that happen," he said. "It's not even a story."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2014/06/16/kings-island-ride-stuck/10649415/

• Like 4

I just went through jury duty call, and in the pool was an intrepid reporter from a well known metropolitan newspaper. He had no idea how his name was selected for jury duty.

"You voted."

No. He insisted, it couldn't be that. I suggested that he ask the bailiff that was manning the Jury Duty ATM. The bailiff answered the same as I did.

"No. It couldn't be that...." stated our Intrepid Reporter.

These are the people that writing our news.

This is why news stories are now super crappy.

I'm expecting a news report about the next Banshee vomit comet dry off run.

• Like 4

^ You're obviously being sarcastic, but it's my understanding that the ride was simply restarted, and no Banshee riders had to walk down.

Of course, such an occurrence is not newsworthy in either case, but it's best not to be inaccurate - especially since members of the media read this forum.

• Like 2

The fact that it stopped on the lift hill, I think is a good sign. It means the B&M's safety features are functioning properly and as expected and Operation crew is working to ensure the safety of the guests. After all I'd much rather stop on the lift hill to be safe rather then go through a possibly unsafe ride scenario.

• Like 3

By making, not funny, jokes all you guys are doing is spreading more false rumors.

Secondly, if you want to know why they run stories like this, look at how many replies and clicks this topic has gotten. For a non-topic we have been discussing it for 3 pages...

• Like 4

^Not when it's running one train.

NOTE TO GENERAL PUBLIC: The following is sarcasm. Please do not take it seriously, or you will make the enthusiasts cry. Thank you for your cooperation.

Obviously the lift motor struggles more when there are two trains on the track. It must be falling apart and unable to handle the weight of two trains. Or maybe it's sinking.

<END SARCASM>

I like the sinking.... Good one haha

Its just over sensitive, assumes a train blew a break run by like an inch and the ride automatically ride stops... its a safety feature not a news story...

I love how the news goes crazy, especially when safety systems engage and do exactly what they are supposed to do. In my head I see

Engage Billy Mays Mode: HEY GUYS THE RIDE DID WHAT IT WAS MEANT TO, FLAWLESSLY IN FACT..

Surprised with this one though they actually apparently evaced Millie with the FUNicular (inside joke). Usually in power issues or to do a ride restart you can adjust the PLC to allow the diesel motor to engage and restart the lift. Sounds like a blocking issue and they couldn't clear the trains down below too, but can't be too positive, wasn't there, and can't see the control panel.

• Like 2

^ You're obviously being sarcastic, but it's my understanding that the ride was simply restarted, and no Banshee riders had to walk down.

Of course, such an occurrence is not newsworthy in either case, but it's best not to be inaccurate - especially since members of the media read this forum.

sorry About that

Sent from my iPhone using... You get the point