Your recommendations are needed

I'm heading to Beech Bend and Holiday World this week. I've never been. What are my 'must do' rides? Keep in mind, I can ride anything that dips, flips, twirls and whirls. Also, best places for food in both parks?

Holiday World:

Must rides are Voyage, Legend, Raven, and Liberty Launch on the dry side and Mammoth, Wildebeest, Zinga, Bukali, and Zoombabwe in the water park. A lot of the other rides are really fun but none stand out to me as great examples of there kind. Food wise it is hard to go wrong at HW but the Plymouth Rock Cafe tends to get the best reviews. Prices all around are very reasonable for what you get.

Beech Bend:

Much more 'ghetto' (for lack of a better term) than Holiday World. Kentucky Rumbler and Zero-G are really the only must rides. I haven't ever spent any time in the water park. Food is nothing special and mainly the typical theme park offerings. I do believe that they allow you to carry in your food though.

• Like 2

And you HAVE to ride the big INTAMIN boat ride at Holiday World.

Oh, wait... Nevermind.

In all seriousness, though. I think that as coasters go, Raven is great, but compared to the others in the park, I find it lackluster. Legend is absolutely astounding, and Voyage is just a tad bit overrated, but is still a wonderful ride that ranks among my favorites. Their waterpark gets very crowded so get there early for Mammoth and the (in my opinion) VASTLY superior Wildebeest. The other slides are fun, but not anything you can't get at other waterparks. The Waterpark sometimes gets pretty dead right before it closes, so definitely head over to that side of the park around that time and take a look. Holiday World is a great place. Take advantage of the "free" drinks and sunscreen - you paid for them when you bought a ticket.

Other than that, I whole-heartedly concur with thekidd33's advice to go for Plymouth Rock Cafe. Good food for a theme park, and the pricing is about on par with a casual sit-down restaurant like Cracker Barrel.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a wonderful time. I was at Beech Bend Thursday, Holiday World and Kings Island on Friday (and KI today). KY Rumbler was great. Zero G, that was a rough stop. I popped up out of my seat and my shoulders hit the restraints. Pretty sure that wasn't a proper ending. Moby Dick was great, as was the mouse coaster. I really REALLY went for a spin at the end. Unfortunately, I could only last 2 hours at BB. It was so hot, I was getting ill. I made a huge mistake and got on Starship thinking it would be cooler in there. Nope. Holiday World went above my expectations. So much so, I am taking my kids in a few weeks :) Voyage is FANTASTIC. I rode twice. The second time, we were stuck in the safety stop area for 20 minutes. The maintenance people were great to us. Raven and Legend ...wow. :) Liberty Launch is an awesome ride. That little ride really packs a punch. I was suprised with Sparkler too. KI, of course, that's my happy place. Great time there yesterday. Today was a bit more crowded than I like, but, I took the opportunity to people watch. This turned into a trip report. Oops.

P.S. If anyone knows Kyle from Beast..tell him thanks again. I managed to get a night ride on Beast, last train. Workers rode with me. It was great and he hopped in with me :)

• Like 4

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a wonderful time. I was at Beech Bend Thursday, Holiday World and Kings Island on Friday (and KI today). KY Rumbler was great. Zero G, that was a rough stop. I popped up out of my seat and my shoulders hit the restraints. Pretty sure that wasn't a proper ending. Moby Dick was great, as was the mouse coaster. I really REALLY went for a spin at the end. Unfortunately, I could only last 2 hours at BB. It was so hot, I was getting ill. I made a huge mistake and got on Starship thinking it would be cooler in there. Nope. Holiday World went above my expectations. So much so, I am taking my kids in a few weeks :) Voyage is FANTASTIC. I rode twice. The second time, we were stuck in the safety stop area for 20 minutes. The maintenance people were great to us. Raven and Legend ...wow. :) Liberty Launch is an awesome ride. That little ride really packs a punch. I was suprised with Sparkler too. KI, of course, that's my happy place. Great time there yesterday. Today was a bit more crowded than I like, but, I took the opportunity to people watch. This turned into a trip report. Oops.

P.S. If anyone knows Kyle from Beast..tell him thanks again. I managed to get a night ride on Beast, last train. Workers rode with me. It was great and he hopped in with me :)

Ah, Kyle....

"You have battled The Beast and most of you made it back alive, so I ask you.... HOW WAS IT?!?!?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again: spieling is intended for a bunch of 18 year old kids to discover that they like the sound of their own voices over the microphone. If you think you're good at it then you're part of the problem.

That kid is the exception.

• Like 4

I have, twice actually.

However, management did not entirely like it, and has asked him to stop.

Management at the parks want generic, rehearsed spiels, even though ride ops there don't want to. It's amazing when I take KI ride op friends there the first time, and they're amazed at the difference in ride op procedures, and how the park treats CF employees.

I gave credit where credit is due :) I also have to say, kudos to KI for having a large security presence in the park. I've also noticed the efforts into keeping the park clean (and the addition of landscaping to various areas). The park looks beautiful this season.

• Like 3