Weather Question

dimmer678

I'm new to KIC and I'm wondering if rides will close down due to isolated thunderstorms (in a specific area), I'm planning on going this thursday. I need a recommendation on wether I should go or not. Is it fun in the rain? Also, is there a lot of stuff to do if it rains partly. Also, I was planning on getting a fast pass, should I still get one in the rain?

Weather on Thursday: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USOH0566?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=24

Welcome!

Rides will shut down if there is lightning in the vicinity of the park, though they will reopen as conditions allow. Most rides continue operating in a light rain if there is no lightning.

Days with possible thunderstorms can be good days to visit, as they tend to be less crowded. If rides shut down, take a break to eat and/or see a show. Make sure not to miss Cirque Imagine!

Many recommend waiting until they get to the park to buy Fast Lane, as it may or may not be needed depending on crowds and how long you are willing to wait for rides. The price at the park could be higher, however; it's always subject to change without notice.

• Like 3

Definitely buy your tickets online, if you haven't already (or have a season pass). No matter what, the best deals are online.

Same goes for Fast Lane, however I agree with malem in this case - see if the day really requires it. It sure looks like the weather will be questionable that day, so attendance may be really low. You would feel pretty foolish if you spent $90 or whatever on a wrist band that just has you walking through a different empty queue than the rest of the public, right? You can always buy it at the park that day and the price isn't that different.

If you're going to be there all day I think you'll have enough windows of opportunity to do everything, so don't let the weather deter you. When it rains, check out of show or grab a bite to eat. There's a lot to do at KI.

Have the best day ever.

Ryan

• Like 4

I'm new to KIC and I'm wondering if rides will close down due to isolated thunderstorms (in a specific area), I'm planning on going this thursday. I need a recommendation on wether I should go or not. Is it fun in the rain? Also, is there a lot of stuff to do if it rains partly. Also, I was planning on getting a fast pass, should I still get one in the rain?

Weather on Thursday: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USOH0566?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=24

Like malem said, all rides stay open for rain, shut down for lightning, and reopen if it stops.

Also, FastPass is a registered trademark by Disney for its virtual line-management system, and should always be capitalized and run together. Fast Lane is a registered trademark by Cedar Fair for its front-of-the-line access ticket, and should always be capitalized.

• Like 2

On Fast Lane, the biggest drivers on if you should get it or not (in my mind anyways) is how often you visit the park (and when), the crowd volume within the park and how many rides you want to get in.

If you are a season pass holder, and regularly attend middle of the week (like myself) there really is no need to buy a Fast Lane pass as you can hit different rides different visits and get plenty in (unless you just like spending the money and the privileges it provides to get even more rides on your favorite attractions)

I'm assuming you are not in that crowd.

With weather predicted as it is, and as stated above, when the rides are running, you may find very short lines as the local crowds stay away to visit another day when the weather is better.

Finally, if you don't care if you get 1 or 2 rides on Diamondback, Banshee, The Beast, etc... while also getting your fill of the water park, if you are at the park an entire day, you should be able to hit all of the major dry side attractions even on the busiest of days during the normal seasonal operations (ie you may not be able to accomplish this on a saturday evening during the haunt) At rope drop, hit Flight of Fear (if open) and Firehawk right off The Bat before lines get long there, then either circle back around towards Banshee to the north or Diamondback to the South and hit the attractions on their respective side of the park. If you plan to hit the water park, that is obviously going to eat into your time on the dry side, which may not leave enough time for the coasters and may make Fast Lane a good investment even if you only hit each of the coasters once or twice.

Have fun.

• Like 1

Last Wednesday it was sprinkling and showers all day. The larger rides only shut down for a little while but were running most of the day. It was fantastic! Pretty much everything was walk-on. I'd recommend buying a water proof bag for your phone if you carry it around though. Wal-Mart has them in their camping section for under $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Regular zipper bags (food storage ones) work just fine, too. I use one with my phone when I'm playing on it in the tub, you can still use the touchscreen through it. I've only dropped it once, but it protected it.

I put my phone in the zipper bag I take with me every time I go to KI, when I went on Congo Falls yesterday. It kept it nice and dry even though I was completely soaked otherwise.

• Like 4

Are there different rides that are grouped together to close at the same time based on the severeness of the storm? I was at the park yesterday and after the storm had passed I noticed that Banshee, Drop Tower, and WindSeeker seemed to just have been reopened while The Racer and Adventure Express were already running.