Firehawk question

dimmer678

Welcome to KIC. KIC is not Kings Island and has no way of knowing whether or not a ride is going to be open.

Rides are machines and can be operating one minute and the next, not. Honestly, the only way to know is when you walk up to the gate and see the scrolling signs with info about that day or heading to the ride entrance.

• Like 3

It sometimes opens a few minutes after the park opens since its daily testing takes a bit longer than most rides. If it isn't open right at 10, don't worry; the ride ops at the entrance will likely tell you it will be open soon thereafter.

• Like 2

Welcome to KIC. KIC is not Kings Island and has no way of knowing whether or not a ride is going to be open.

Rides are machines and can be operating one minute and the next, not. Honestly, the only way to know is when you walk up to the gate and see the scrolling signs with info about that day or heading to the ride entrance.

Sorry, but I'm actually asking someone that has been to KI in the past couple days to answer my question but thanks

Sorry, but I'm actually asking someone that has been to KI in the past couple days to answer my question but thanks

That's still the best answer you're going to get. Whether someone has been to the park within the past couple of days or not does not magically make them able to look into a crystal ball and predict whether the ride will be open on any specified date in the future.

The simple fact of the matter is that it will be open if it is safe for the park to do so, and closed if it is not. Whether it is safe for them to open it is not something that can be determined in advance and is usually independent of whether it was open on previous days, since the majority of closures last only part of a day. So regardless of what you're looking for, that's the best answer to your question.

• Like 10

If it is raining at all Firehawk will almost always shut down due to parts on the rides cars that can't get wet. So a ride employee told me so don't quote that but I think it could be a good possibility.

Really? I thought all roller coasters were water proof because, you know....their out in the open...

Whether or not a ride remains open during rainy weather is largely dependent on safety mechanisms. Those in charge of making the decisions regarding whether or not to operate a ride know what they're doing. Even FoF has been known to shut down during thunderstorms.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk