Dinos After Dark in Dinosaurs Alive @ Kings Island

BoddaH1994

How would you like to walk with the Dinosaurs at Night?

Grab a flashlight and step back in time to the beginning of the "Age of the Dinosaurs" with more than 65 life-sized, animatronic dinosaurs at night!

Lots more info, incl t-shirt offer and ticket prices:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Dinos-After-Dark

• Like 10

Edit: ^Ah...you beat me to it!

Interesting, but just out of curiosity, how are they going to show Jurassic Park, give a guided tour, serve s'mores, and have other activities available all in a 2 hour time slot? The movie itself would take up the whole 2 hours and I'd say you'd need at least a half hour for the tour through Dinosaurs Alive.

I can't be positive, but it would make more sense if it was "A viewing of select scenes from the movie 'Jurassic Park." That could work.

• Like 1

Are we even looking at the same page? Because I see this:

"This unique experience takes place every Saturday night in July and inculdes a viewing of Jurassic Park, guided tour, s'mores and activities."

which is different from what you posted and does not include the 10pm-to-midnight clause.

"This unique experience takes place every Saturday night in July and inculdes a viewing of Jurassic Park, guided tour, s'mores and activities."

which is different from what you posted and does not include the 10pm-to-midnight clause.

Wow, they totally edited the page! Yeah, the original page that I had up had the "10 - Midnight" time listed in the description.

• Like 2

Odd. I distinctly remember seeing the 10-12a thing too, but now it's saying what you've quoted I wonder if it's changed in the last few minutes.

• Like 2

It has changed. I copied and pasted the quote I used from the original page that was up, so it was, for sure, there. However, when you go back to the page, it's gone completely. I closed the first page before I check the comments on this posting or else I would've done a screen capture. Oh well, it doesn't really matter I guess.

They just published this, so changes really aren't surprising.

Probably just this site acting as visitkingsisland.com's proofreading team, again. Clearly, a tour of Dinosaurs Alive! and a screening of Jurassic Park will take longer than two hours.

Presumably, the film will show in Action Theater?

• Like 1

Plus, the first 1,000 guests on Opening Night of "Dinos After Dark" July 5 will receive a free glow-in-the-dark t-shirt!

1,000 guests in one night? The FIRST 1,000 guests?

They sure do expect this thing to be big.

It's going to be interesting. Who is this intended for? We all know that DA is more of a "family" attraction, geared towards kids. But Jurassic Park? Is the appropriate on a wide scale for a 5 or 6 year old? Furthermore, would those kids be willing and able to participate in the alleged 10-12a time frame?

I guess the conclusion we can draw is that this is intended for older point. Teens and adults. The description is still kind of vague, so anything's possible. Can't wait to check it out.

• Like 3

I must go! This sounds like fun.

When I buy a film with big monsters, I edit it so it's just the big monsters. I have an edited version of "War of the Worlds" that's only 35 minutes long. No Tom Cruise, no Dakota Fanning, just big heaving, burping, alien machines.

I hear from many people it's the best version of the film they've ever seen.

I've forgotten what the original Jurassic Park film is like, I cut out all the 'wistful looking off camera in awe' Spielberg shots that his films are famous for.

1000 guests? I can't see the old Action Theater holding 1/3rd of that. How many people does the Kings Island Theater hold?... but it's so far away from the Dinosaurs Alive exhibit to walk guests back there in time to walk the path if the movie starts at 10 pm......Maybe there will be a screen erected inside the Dinosaurs Alive compound near the big guys at the end of the trail...hmmm any ideas?

I think It will be fun to watch Jurassic Park surrounded by dinosaurs and nature....Hmmmm. I remember a picture of a lantern in a leather seat posted from Twitter recently....do you suppose the lantern was sitting on the leather seat of a Jeep (golf cart), meaning that perhaps guests will be transported through the compound to a viewing area? Interesting.....It would be worth the $6/($3 for gold pass holders) to find out for sure.

I think I'll do this event to find out (might even go to the event a couple of Saturdays)!

• Like 5

Guest dtk1376

This does sound fun, like others though, I do question a movie like Jurassic Park being shown at an event that is sure to be attended by small children which according to Common Sense Media includes some violence though with little blood and a small amount of swearing. Even though that doesn't seem like much, could be enough to get a few over protective parents visiting park services upset about the content of a movie. The movie is rated PG-13 so they may restrict certain children from watching.

Guest dtk1376

Which is exactly what I was saying in my post... that's not going to stop some over protective parents though from complaining, they'll blame their poor judgement on the park instead of taking responsibility of it themselves. But anyways, I hope to get the chance to check it out nonetheless, seems like it could be fun.

Plus, the first 1,000 guests on Opening Night of "Dinos After Dark" July 5 will receive a free glow-in-the-dark t-shirt!

1,000 guests in one night? The FIRST 1,000 guests?

They sure do expect this thing to be big.

It's going to be interesting. Who is this intended for? We all know that DA is more of a "family" attraction, geared towards kids. But Jurassic Park? Is the appropriate on a wide scale for a 5 or 6 year old? Furthermore, would those kids be willing and able to participate in the alleged 10-12a time frame?

I guess the conclusion we can draw is that this is intended for older point. Teens and adults. The description is still kind of vague, so anything's possible. Can't wait to check it out.

I'd argue that DA itself is NOT geared towards 5 year olds at all, and is in fact geared more toward 7/8/9+ year olds. I think the film is appropriate for the target audience.

I was questioning the showing of Jurassic Park myself. I was surprised that it was one of the movies selected to show at the Dive-in Movies last year because I do consider that to be a family event and should be appropriate for ALL ages, not just 13+. I was 12 when Jurassic Park came out in theaters and I remember seeing it that summer. It did have an affect on me. I think I was right around the right age to see it. I think that 12/13 age range is really perfect. I believe that it earns every bit of it's PG-13 rating. I know a lot of people don't take this into consideration because it might not bother them, but that movie does have a ton of language including the use of the phrase "GD" several times which might offend some people more.

Now granted, I know that Jurassic Park is like 21 years old and people should know what they're getting themselves into when they sit down to watch it, but when you're showing a movie at a "family event" you would assume that the movie should be appropriate for families. I'm 33 years old and I love the movie, but I wouldn't show it to my kid until I felt like they were old enough. If KI is going to sponsor "family events," then I feel like they should be a little more selective on the types of movies they show.