Dinos After Dark in Dinosaurs Alive @ Kings Island

BoddaH1994

The experience, as a whole, was a lot of fun for Dinos After Dark. I was part of the last group to go through, and waited about an hour and fifteen minutes. I do not expect it to get crowds like this again since it was the first night and they were giving away t-shirts. Don't let that deter you.

I had been through the Dino trail several dozen times, so I knew my way around. I imagine that if you didn't then it would be a really freaky experience. I'd actually pay good money to be able to walk it alone at night with just the little LED flashlight they gave us. That would be creepy.

• Like 5

The line is stupid long. From the entrance to Zephyr.

Glad I didn't go, then. I was wavering, because I want to experience it, but July 4th weekend I thought would be super crowded.

Boddha, I think it will be a blast, especially as I can't tell when the sensors will go off.

To me had it not been for the tshirt, I would say it wasn't worth it. Was one of the first groups and they had us darn near run through it with the tour guide. Eric (the guide) was great but there needs to be more to it to convince me to pay extra to see the same thing I see everyday with my boy. The shirts are neat and my four year old liked it.

• Like 2

So my experience for Dinos at Dark was an awesome experience. the main reason for going was to obtain a t-shirt for myself and my girlfriend. The weather was awesome at night time. We got in line at 9:15 and they started to build the barricades, around us. The line started to move at 9:45 as they said it would and stopped around 10:30 due to fireworks cleanup, then the line moved smooth. Great view to watch the evenings fireworks show. Had a great couple in front of us and behind us who had 8 excited kids about getting a tshirt.Was able to watch a small viewing of Jurrasic Park and on to the Dinos! Our tour guide was great, I understood that lots of people were in line and felt rushed through the Dinos event, maybe next time when its a little less crowded. the highlight was the s'mores at the end of the trail. It was in a traditional sense a s'more, made with graham crackers, marshmellow fluff and a chocolate spread but still good and gooey. My girlfriend a little miffed about no Reeces s'mores available, lol. The kids in our group enjoyed the experience and I did too, for $3 it was worth it.

• Like 3

Guest dtk1376

They already use the dino area for trick or treating during the day with kiddies during the Haunt time of the year. Not sure how they could make it be creepy at night without doing anything that would also scare the kids during the day.

• Like 1

I don't see why they'd get rid of them anytime soon anyway. There is plenty of other area to build in the park still and we probably won't get a huge coaster type attraction for a few years anyway. This makes them some money too and something different for kids and families, and a break from the rest of the park. I went through it for the first time this year and thought it was just ok but kids I saw int here seemed to really like it too. And it was still a ncie trail to walk along

• Like 2

Yeah, and walking that trail reminds you of the drastic changes in elevation... I have slightly grown bored of the trail (Have been almost every Sunday since the park opened) but my son absolutely loves it. Looks like, Sundays are Dino Days for us....

• Like 4

I think this would be a good event for my oldest nephew. We did the Roar with the Dinosaurs event in May and it was the first visit for my youngest niece and nephew. They loved it and keep asking when they can see them again. It is also a fun way to include science in our trip as we observed the teeth, eyes, legs, and armor to guess what they ate and how they lived - and then used the signs to see if we were right.

• Like 5

I think this would be a good event for my oldest nephew. We did the Roar with the Dinosaurs event in May and it was the first visit for my youngest niece and nephew. They loved it and keep asking when they can see them again. It is also a fun way to include science in our trip as we observed the teeth, eyes, legs, and armor to guess what they ate and how they lived - and then used the signs to see if we were right.

I like how you used it as educational. And welcome to KIC! :)

• Like 3

I did it tonight and it was pretty good. I enjoyed seeing Jurassic Park as sort of a "pre-show" to the trail and a few unexpected things made me jump as it was so dark, even with flashlights. To add to previously mentioned ideas, I thought that the trek was educational as I definitely learned a lot from our tour guide. He also made references to The Land Before Time (specifically Spike and Duckie- Spike was/is my favorite character :D) and the Jurassic Park movies, which was cool. I also like Ryan's idea of having to walk through the exhibit alone at night. Afterwards I made the last train of the night on Adventure Express, which was an awesome night ride as usual.

• Like 3

Dinosaurs Alive is one attraction that I never thought could attract hour-long queues. It looks like this event is a big success.

When do they cut the line for this? If it's late enough, it might make sense to wait until the initial crowd dies down.

• Like 2