Least favorite thrill coasters.

Dr Zhark

I know I haven't posted on these forums in a couple years, and I hate to just jump in like this, but since this opportunity has presented itself, I need to get something off my chest about my least favorite ride of all time, Gatekeeper. This has nothing to do with B&M vs. Intamin, in fact, Banshee might be my new favorite coaster of all time, and I like DB as much as MF, but Gatekeeper is downright lethargic and uncomfortable. I'm not one for coaster bashing, but Gatekeeper navigates it's elements extremely slow starting right after the lift, and the restraints squeeze my collar bones in a very uncomfortable way; however I don't find this to be a problem on Banshee becuase the coaster seems to move through it's elements much faster. Given that I have never been on another wingrider, I will give B&M the benefit of the doubt and suggest that maybe wingriders cannot handle as much force as other B&M coaster, but I'm just saying Mantis is a standup and I find the forces and transitions on that coaster to be much more enjoyable. I would just like to know if anyone else finds this coaster as unenjoyable as I do?

• Like 2

^ YES! I completely agree with everything you just said. GateSleeper, er, Gatekeeper is so boring I could take a nap on it. The vests on the restraints did have a known issue with tightening during the ride, which they fixed late last season, and Banshee received the fixed restraints, so if you haven't ridden Gatekeeper this season, that might explain why you see a difference in the restraints. And yes, I love Mantis also.

• Like 1

(Looks at poll)

GASP! Well, all the rides have at least 1 vote for them now, except for one...

The_racer_first_drop.JPG

Wow, who would have thought Racer of all rides would be the LEAST hated of all the Kings Island coasters (at least according to this poll)? :P

• Like 5

I love Invertigo. I love Gatekeeper. I enjoy Vortex. In fact, I think Corkscrew is rougher than it is. To each his own, I guess.

The only coaster I truly hate is Mantis. After riding it for the first time, I refused to ride any other stand up coaster. It was painful, uncomfortable, and it made me feel very queasy, which never happens to me on coasters.

• Like 4

I love Invertigo. I love Gatekeeper. I enjoy Vortex. In fact, I think Corkscrew is rougher than it is. To each his own, I guess.

The only coaster I truly hate is Mantis. After riding it for the first time, I refused to ride any other stand up coaster. It was painful, uncomfortable, and it made me feel very queasy, which never happens to me on coasters.

Haha I agree 100% about Mantis! Granted I've only been to a handful of amusement parks so I'm sure there are far worse rides out there, but Mantis is the only coaster that I won't ride again. By far the most painful coaster I've been on. And I loved King Cobra.

• Like 3