Backlot Stunt Coaster Special Effects Removed

Italian Job 2005

Has anyone else noticed that the fire effects on Backlot Stunt Coaster have been removed? I used to always go on that ride after White Water Canyon and loved the heat of the fire in my face.

I loved the ride a lot more when all the water and fire effects were there, including the exploding gas tanks and the splashdown ending. Does anyone have a guess as to why they have slowly removed all of these effects?

• Like 3

Heard there was a leak and that the fire hadn't been fixed. Typical Cedar Fair

Not sure I can blame CF for this one as they did not own KI when the ride was built.

Many of the effects on BLSC did not operate under the Paramount name nor did many effects on other "themed" rides.

CF may have the reputation of letting the small things go, but I can give them a pass on the theming under the previous ownership. If Paramount built things on the cheap side, the cost of repairs may be too great.

• Like 6

How long has the fire not been working? It definitely worked in early May last time I rode this particular ride...

We would definitely be living in some kind of Wonderland if our Backlot were to receive some cosmetic improvements and TLC.

It worked for me on April 26th -- My last visit. I need to get back to that place.

How long has the fire not been working? It definitely worked in early May last time I rode this particular ride...

We would definitely be living in some kind of Wonderland if our Backlot were to receive some cosmetic improvements and TLC.

It worked for me on April 26th -- My last visit. I need to get back to that place.

Maybe they took it out due to the Flight of Fear incidents?

Nope. Planned. Never happened. CBS deleted for cost reasons.

I've heard that effect was there but it didn't pan out the way they said it would. The cars just kind of shook as if it was a rough part of the track and no one really noticed it.

I thought that was part of the in-car audio, where the speakers still are today.

• Like 1

I was speaking to a good friend of mine the other day and we started talking about theme parks. He said that when paramount had the park the original plan for that area of stunt track was going to be a highly themed coaster/ highly themed haunted house themed to and around the paramount Addams family movie. That would have been cool but then he went on and said paramount could NOT get the rights from the Addams family rights holders and so the paramount park exec's went on to the next concept, Italian job: stunt track and told me to go to Dollywood and ride Mystery Mine because that's what Addams would have been like. Dunno if it's true or not but it's interesting and wanted to ask...Is it true ? I personally would not be sad to see stunt track go and something new take it's place.I would like to see a Intamin mega lite coaster in that area. I know that's most likely not gonna happen. :)

• Like 5

I was speaking to a good friend of mine the other day and we started talking about theme parks. He said that when paramount had the park the original plan for that area of stunt track was going to be a highly themed coaster/ highly themed haunted house themed to and around the paramount Addams family movie. That would have been cool but then he went on and said paramount could NOT get the rights from the Addams family rights holders and so the paramount park exec's went on to the next concept, Italian job: stunt track and told me to go to Dollywood and ride Mystery Mine because that's what Addams would have been like. Dunno if it's true or not but it's interesting and wanted to ask...Is it true ? I personally would not be sad to see stunt track go and something new take it's place.I would like to see a Intamin mega lite coaster in that area. I know that's most likely not gonna happen. :)

That's what I heard also. While I like Mystery Mine I don't think the themeing would have lasted very long at a Paramount park.

• Like 1