Backlot Stunt Coaster Special Effects Removed

Italian Job 2005

Guest dtk1376

Think about how much cooler a ride it BLSC would be if it had all effects in complete working condition, including the bump effect and the swerve effects.

Also, did Top Gun have water effects that were removed?

And imagine it with synchronized on-board audio, which it had as Italian Job. The audio control panel is still visible on the front of the ride operator's control room, and the glass on it is physically shattered.

Top Gun had pipes along the station that sprayed mist to make it look like a jet carrier as the train rolled in. You can catch a glimpse of the pipes and of the beginnings of the effect at 3:13 in this video, but you can REALLY see it 10 seconds later.

That is an awesome video. You proved me wrong about the water effects, they must not of had them long or I am just getting old because I don't remember those one bit from back in the day.

• Like 1

For all those wishing to have rode it when all the effects were working, you're not missing anything. The effects sucked and added nothing to the ride. The "parking garage" pretty much sums it up.

The fog in the tunnel was cool. But yeah, the whole thing was way too over-engineered and didn't have the visuals that everyone was promised.
  • Like 1

Guest waitinginline617

I rode BLSC for the first time in years yesterday and was at least weirdly happy to see the gun "effects" on the helicopter, as it at still gives the ride a little bit of a story. As a bonus, the camp counselors in front of me were entertaining the kids they were with by pretending to block the bullets and shoot back.

• Like 1

Let's say Paramount still owned the park, and Viacom and CBS were still the same company. Do you think they'd put in the effort and money to fix and maintain the broken effects, rusting track, etc.?

I mean Paramount was big on themes.

No. Paramount was far worse than the current regime for maintaining themeing.
  • Like 3

Let's say Paramount still owned the park, and Viacom and CBS were still the same company. Do you think they'd put in the effort and money to fix and maintain the broken effects, rusting track, etc.?

Paramount did a good job on themeing till it was bought by Viacom.

Paramount did a good job on themeing till it was bought by Viacom.
Which was pretty early on in their ownership of Paramount Parks.
  • Like 1

Costs. And the water in the splashdown was causing rapid track corrosion.

Makes one wonder about B&M vs. Premier Rides...

Correct, and the fact that the water was causing horrible hard water stains on the Mini's.

i remember when it first opened, the trains had greenish neon lights on the sides when you entered the tunnel.

The side of the trains did not have neon green lights when the ride opened.

Nope. Planned. Never happened. CBS deleted for cost reasons.

From my understanding of some folks who opened the ride, the "stair bump" was installed, but amounted to nothing more than the feeling that you were rolling over a rough piece of track.

I.E. Imagine sitting on a vibrating cell phone. The "effect" didn't translate well.

The effect was installed through the audio system which never really was fully installed and eventually abandoned.

For all those wishing to have rode it when all the effects were working, you're not missing anything. The effects sucked and added nothing to the ride. The "parking garage" pretty much sums it up.

The fog in the tunnel was cool. But yeah, the whole thing was way too over-engineered and didn't have the visuals that everyone was promised.

Unfortunately the ride was never really 100% completed as marketed.

• Like 4