Backlot Stunt Coaster Special Effects Removed

Italian Job 2005

I remember a few years ago they had a question and answer thing for a few weeks online and I had asked about the end part of BLSC not having the water filled. The response was they would look into it, and sure enough a week or 2 later i went and it was filled again.

I'm not sure what the decision behind that was all about. It's possible that the sprayers were tied in with the filtration system.

That makes sense. I wish that wasn't the case, I think the ride would look much better with that section filled.

For the sake of not having to scroll...

The water was corroding the trains and track and simply wasn't good for them.

that said, they did fill it for the remainder of the season after i asked a few years ago

At Kings Dominion, the only effects working on BLSC were the shootout sound effects and the splashdown (which by the way was knee deep in algae.) I'm guessing that those were the only special effects because those effects haven't naturally failed like the others. No onboard sound, flashing cop car lights or sound, no bullet holes lighting up, no propeller spin on helicopter, no water explosions, no fire and no tunnel mist.

Our BLSC is in somewhat better shape since some of the effects still work. We still have the cop car effects and sound, the shoot out sound effects and the occasional explosion.

I wonder what condition the BLSC is like in Canada's Wonderland?

• Like 1

Our BLSC is in somewhat better shape since some of the effects still work. We still have the cop car effects and sound, the shoot out sound effects and the occasional explosion.

Of all three, I think ours is the only one that got a proper refurb. A couple seasons ago it had new music, working helicopter, new bullet sounds... They even installed new LEDs on the helicopter and the wall. Our cop cars work, our signs light up at night (which is not true of Kings Dominion's last I was there). Really all that's missing from ours is the splashdown, water at the MCBR, and the on-board audio. I'd say we've got it pretty good, all things considered. Chances are that fewer of those effects would work today if the park was still Paramount's Kings Island.

• Like 1

Was at the park yesterday (Sunday) and at 8:30pm fire was NOT working on BLSC. It did look like all lights were light up for where helicopter shoots, for all billboards cop cars and all sound effects were working for cop area. In other news Shake Rattle and Roll was raised up on a bunch of things that looks similar to wooden pallets, Their has been some dirt moved/dug up by The Beast, for the rumored Haunt attraction.

Park was dead today, 7pm on. waited for a train to pull into the station for a night ride on The Beast (9:30pm), that was all the line their was! The train ran half empty, I was a couple people away from having a train to myself on AE and The Racer. Me and my family did have The Miami Valley Railroad all to are selves!

• Like 1

Friday night I was at the park and the SOB flame was off. Weather was pristine. Saturday when I returned, the SOB flame was working, but no fire effects on BLSC. If it makes the park feel better, gas is slipping back down! Maybe CF should do what Southwest successfully did for years, which was to buy fuel futures at low prices :)

I don't know for sure they're listening to us, but I did notice a couple things yesterday I hadn't so far this season.

First was the return of the flames on BLSC. I know others had mentioned them showing up on and off, but it was the first I personally saw them.

Second was that there were atmospheric sounds being played through speakers on Adventure Express. I rode it twice on Tuesday and several times earlier in the season, and if they were playing anything then it was so quiet as to be unnoticible. This time I clearly heard the sounds of blowing wind throughout the first half of the ride, and creaking wood sounds (making the structure sound perilously close to falling down) on the lift hill mid-ride. Then the whooshing "wind" again. I was hoping it would mean the effects on the final hill would be loud enough to make out over the mechanical clanking of the lift, but it was as muffled as usual.

• Like 5

They must have run out of fuel for the fire. Now they are fueling it with pieces of Shake, Rattle, and Roll. (Kidding, kidding)

Wasn't another feature of the original ride for the trains to have working headlights in the tunnels? I think I remember there were issues with the batteries for the lights getting recharged in the station and they never worked properly. I certainly don't ever recall anything but pitch black in the tunnels in 2005.

They must have run out of fuel for the fire. Now they are fueling it with pieces of Shake, Rattle, and Roll. (Kidding, kidding)

Wasn't another feature of the original ride for the trains to have working headlights in the tunnels? I think I remember there were issues with the batteries for the lights getting recharged in the station and they never worked properly. I certainly don't ever recall anything but pitch black in the tunnels in 2005.

Yeah, working headlights and tail lights. Darn thing never worked rights. Even on media day there were several padiddles and padonks. (One headlight or one tail light out, for those of you who missed the 90's). I have heard that the charging thing was also the issue with the on board audio too.

• Like 1

It is interesting to note that reports from online state that even Disney has been cutting out fire effects on some of their attractions lately. Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom as well as the Burning Settler's Cabin on the Liberty Belle are two recent examples.