Lorax's Worlds of Fun / Six Flags St Louis 6/21-22, 2014

LoraX

I know this next week will be crazy. I am doing this so I can at least get part of it done.

We were up and out of my place at 3:01 this morning. We had a fairly uneventful trip minus finding out a gas stations restroom facilities were not in working order. Sometimes you gotta save trees.

One thing that was discovered a couple weeks ago is there is apparently chewy ice. It's hit the Midwest. Not sure wuh it's chewy vs crunchy.

ruge9yge.jpg

seme6ypu.jpg

napa7u5e.jpg

We got to Worlds of Fun about 10:30. One thing I really like is they has employees directing people where to park.

The park is not a huge park by any means, but it's named appropriately. This park is indeed a world of fun.

First ride was Prowler.

numehe6u.jpg

ype9ysug.jpg

yby3ajyb.jpg

It's a very nice coaster. Zach and I rode the back seat of the second train of the day. Katie and Melissa rode front seat.

ysymesam.jpg

For the record it does not say "do not climb" and Melissa was an ape in Tarzan.

yqenu2ej.jpg

Boomerang. It's pretty much like Invertigo like Kings Island with different trains. I do not like the color scheme. I have to say I like it better than Invertigo.

u7a4arud.jpg

Next came Mamba. Thanks to the previous occupants of the seat, they rode in a seat that had a protein spill.

zeby9yde.jpg

Spinning Dragon I really like, but love Steel Dragon at Waldameer much more.

apadagyq.jpg

gebeme6a.jpg

e4esa5as.jpg

Patriot is a great ride. It's not as great as Banshee. It is far better than Raptor in my opinion.

qehypave.jpg

This was the only disappointment is Timberwolf. It's the worst coaster I have ever ridden.

u7upuqam.jpg

Katie hit her 50th ride on Mamba. Melissa hit 50 on Timberwolf.

My favorite pic of the girls.

y6uhegeh.jpg

For Dee and Rick - wish you all would have been able to make it you would love it.

budymu3a.jpg

Final ride during the daytime was Thunderhawk. I think we broke the ride. I hope it's operational tonight.

Going to take a nap and head back to the park until midnight. More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

But wait! There's more!

Six Flags St Louis.

Rainy days at amusement parks never get me down! We arrived at the park on the tail end of storm and rain #3 for the day.

2aqytyhu.jpg

Yikes! Glad it's included with our Six Flags passes.

suvu9epy.jpg

We processed passes as we walked in the gate AT the gate. They use a finger print system. Scan the print out then take the finger print and we were done. We had to go have parking added to our cards at another area, but that was fairly quick.

We waited in line for about 45 minutes for The Boss. So it went from rain to Sunshine just after we had our passes processed and got in line. Quite the welcome if you ask me!

mehy5ygy.jpg

This was the longest line all day. Almost everything else was walk on or two trains max.

The Boss is a decent ride. I will reserve my review of most of the coasters though until my next visit. After riding Timberwolf the previous day, I was still dealing with a headache and tensed up a whole lot on several rides. We did see three deer while riding The Boss though.

vu4a3yje.jpg

7avuvagy.jpg

a6umasuh.jpg

This was my favorite ride at the park. Mr. Freeze. Shoots you like FoF, but backwards. It's a fun ride.

jymape3u.jpg

Not crazy about this ride or this color scheme.

yna8e5em.jpg

Loved this! Excalibur.

yryvebyt.jpg

Beastie1980

Really loved this one as well. All effects were working as were the guns.

7y5eha6a.jpg

For my No Chickens.

u6upegu5.jpg

Remnants of past rides at other parks.

eguqa8a2.jpg

Advantages to this park are people that are not tiny can fit comfortably in the rides. Loved the theming for rides as well.

Princess Sparkles.

etuhuhaq.jpg

Princess Sparkles has turned into Mike Wazowski. Down time on a trip equals selfies.

4ebu6uha.jpg

• Like 8

I geeked out so hard seeing all those trains under Batman. It looks kinda bad, but fortunately the regular queue doesn't see it unless the line is REALLY long (which it was the day I was at SFStL.)

Awesome PTR! I really love Six Flags St. Louis and have been curious about visiting Worlds of Fun for quite some time. Like I said in the Arrowed! thread, it makes my heart happy to hear people say not-bad things about Boss. I love that dang ride (and the Scooby dark ride) so much.

Did you ride Ninja or American Thunder?

• Like 2

I don't like you in any month other than October! Get out of town! :P (Kidding.)

I've only ridden Ninja once, so since you've been to SFStL more, perhaps you can tell me: is there a row on that ride that's more comfortable to sit in in the way that 5-1 is the best row on Vortex? I think I sat in 2-1 when I rode it, and I'm still recovering from the head trauma...

• Like 1

We rode all the coasters. I did not find Ninja painful at all and I was hypersensitive to pain that day. I don't recall which ones we sat in (4-2 or 5-2 for me maybe?).

Boomerang is the only coaster I am not a fan of. I don't care for those types of rides. I hate how I feel after the ride. I did not like the one at WoF either. I prefer the trains on those two over the trains on Invertigo.

I really want to go back and spend a full day at the park. I really want to ride more of the flats. Excalibur was a great ride.

The only other Six Flags park I had been to prior to SFStL was Kentucky Kingdom. I was not impressed at all with KK under Six ownership. SFStL, however, I enjoyed tremendously.

WoF is definitely worth going to. I do wish Cedar Fair would give it some TLC. The pavement needs redone in a lot of the park. Paint in some spots would be nice, too. Love the lay out of the park and would love to go back. We did not do the water park. I rarely will do a water park as I just do not like them. Theming was decent and the park was clean, even the restrooms. I will say Patriot is a far better ride than Raptor (can't remember if I mentioned that.)

• Like 1

Six Flags must have liked hiding graveyards in plain view. Darien Lake (which is a former Six Flags property) has a graveyard about 15 feet from the main road that the park sits on. If you know where to look, you can see what was once Batman: The Escape, in pieces, right next to the road.

It looks like there was a time in which it could easily have been reassembled and installed at Darien Lake (and they certainly have plenty of land for it). Now, though... It's looking a bit rusty.

On another note, Kings Island has a graveyard in their parking lot, but it isn't quite the same thing.

• Like 2

The graveyard is easily viewed. It's located under Batman, The Ride. It's actually along where those who buy a Flash Pass would walk. Can we have them back at Kentucky Kingdom lol

u9y3ysug.jpg

yqy6u5ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quotecan we have them back at Kentucky Kingdom lol

Sent from my iPhone using... You get the point

• Like 1

I don't know where to post this because I just have to get it off my chest. Due to the request of others I cannot say anything on Facebook. So, this seemed like a more logical place.

My friend Julie lost her battle to cancer yesterday. While I am going to miss her, I am so happy she's no longer in pain. Her daughter contacted me Sunday and told me I needed to come see her because she had gotten worse. So Princess Sparkles and I went to visit her and I am so happy I was able to tell her I loved her one more time.

ne2etyty.jpg

• Like 5

I don't know where to post this because I just have to get it off my chest. Due to the request of others I cannot say anything on Facebook. So, this seemed like a more logical place.

My friend Julie lost her battle to cancer yesterday. While I am going to miss her, I am so happy she's no longer in pain. Her daughter contacted me Sunday and told me I needed to come see her because she had gotten worse. So Princess Sparkles and I went to visit her and I am so happy I was able to tell her I loved her one more time.

ne2etyty.jpg

sorry to hear about thoughts go out to you and family

Sent from my iPhone using... You get the point

"Lorax's Worlds of Fun / Six Flags St Louis"

Sooo, now that you own two theme parks, do all KIC members get in free?! :rolleyes:

Update: sorry I missed your post about your friend. My thought and prayers go out to you and your family and your friends family.

I wish I owned an amusement park! :)

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it.

May God bless you and help you find peace during the rough time.

Was Julie a coaster enthusiast as well?

Upstop - Julie was not an enthusiast. She liked coasters though. Thank you for your thoughts.

• Like 1