Is attendance down?

Fisher

a. A new multi-million dollar attraction has been installed in Mason. Attendance had best not be down.

b. That being said, there sure has been quite a bit of apparently unplanned, last minute, dynamically low pricing (one day blow out on tickets sale, added BAFFL <Bring A Friend For Less> days, group pricing deal cutting, season or day long meal deals, soda deals, etc.).

c. Much of this, however, has been part of chain-wide promotional pricing. Internal surveys probably show lower consumer confidence due to unemployment, underemployment, wage uncertainty, stagnant incomes, rising gas prices, and planned and actual reduced vacation time use.

d. As always, weather is a factor...a huge one.

e. At least in the northern parks, delayed seasonal school dismissal, due to snow days, has been a factor, affecting SIX and FUN. Many parents will take their kids out of school to go to a Disney park. Michigan's Adventure, Dorney Park or Kings Island? Not so much.

There you go, a cornucopia of facts to ponder.

• Like 10

b. That being said, there sure has been quite a bit of apparently unplanned, last minute, dynamically low pricing (one day blow out on tickets sale, added BAFFL <Bring A Friend For Less> days, group pricing deal cutting, season or day long meal deals, soda deals, etc.).

I thought it was strange that they added a few more "bring a friend cheap" days. This was immediate following the apparent success of the deal on Father's Day.

The announcement of "everyone pays kids admission" at like 6:00p the previous day was a little baffling to me. What about those who already purchased tickets? Why on a random Thursday in June? Of course, the day ended up having horrendous weather so we don't know for sure how successful it may or may not have been from an observant's standpoint.

I can tell you that, as the dude who runs this site, I hear every rumor out there. Some accurate, some not. Everything I've heard has been that attendance is on pace with what was expected. I must stress, however, that I do not have information outside of the realm of a normal guest and may not be reflected in Cedar Fair LP's public quarter end or year end results.

So.

I have a Six Flags Great Adventure Gold Pass.

Kingda Ka and Big Droppy Thing have yet to open for the season.

Rolling Thunder is no more.

Terp hasn't been there yet this year.

I just got a "reward."

SIX DOLLARS off my next meal at New Jersey's Finest Theme Park.

Good only through June 30, 2014.

Gee, think THEIR attendance is down?

Terp, 'memberin' Messrs Kinzel and Falfas preaching about pricing integrity.

How'd that work out?

• Like 1

Amen.

That show probably begat the dismissal of a gentleman which begat the Apollo proposal which begat Mr. Geoffrey Raynor and Q who begat the hiring of Mr. Matt Ouimet and the eventual retirement of His Excellency Lord CEO and Chairman and President and Ruler of All He Surveyed Who Must Not Be Questioned.

Thank goodness for that inane, horrid show that Mr. K loved so much. Thanks to it, KI's fun again.

• Like 4

I've been to KI a handful of times this year, and to me it actually seems busier this year than last year, which is of course to be expected. I went on a Monday a couple of weeks ago and the place was packed. By mid-afternoon, Beast had a 40-minute wait and BLSC, FoF and Firehawk were all estimated 60-minute waits. Diamondback was also about a 40 minute wait around that same time. Granted, it was probably partly due to the weather (cooler temps, less humidity and a good chance of rain the next day), but even so, I was a bit surprised to see the park that busy on a Monday afternoon in early June.