10,000th ride on Millennium Force

Dunno why people keep count like this, or consider it a huge feat to get that many rides..Hey I got 10k rides on Millie, look at my cards and here have pins, lets celebrate that I ride a ride..That'd be like me celebrating how many times I drive down 675..Never understood any of that

I go to parks, I enjoy the parks, and I enjoy the rides. Guess it takes a bit more of an enthusiast to count rides and ride rides 6k times, keep count, and keep enjoying it over and over all day

Lastly..Why Millie? I don't even marathon that and I've had more of a chance than he has in the past honestly

Also looks like the wife doesn't approve, hehe

• Like 6

Dunno why people keep count like this, or consider it a huge feat to get that many rides..Hey I got 10k rides on Millie, look at my cards and here have pins, lets celebrate that I ride a ride..That'd be like me celebrating how many times I drive down 675..Never understood any of that

I go to parks, I enjoy the parks, and I enjoy the rides. Guess it takes a bit more of an enthusiast to count rides and ride rides 6k times, keep count, and keep enjoying it over and over all day

Lastly..Why Millie? I don't even marathon that and I've had more of a chance than he has in the past honestly

Also looks like the wife doesn't approve, hehe

Too each their own! Some collect military coins, badges, stripes, stamps, currency from all around the world, travel to many amusement parks, travel the world, collect shot glasses, count their coaster rides, etc. I am sure in turn you do something that this 10,000th rider would say is crazy!

This young man used riding the coaster as a release of years of suppressed hazing and bullying memories. More power to him. There are much more worse things he could be doing with his time.

BTW - I do not keep track of my coaster tally, counts, or rides either...

• Like 2

With how people drive on 675, every successful drive down that thing is a reason to celebrate.

I HATE 675.

• Like 4

I would say it was about drawing attention to themselves. However, I ended up riding on Diamondback next to the guy who wears the customized t-shirt about his number of Diamondback rides, and I tried to smalltalk to him a little when we were waiting to enter the station after the ride. It definitely seemed he was disinterested in drawing attention to himself. To which I say, why the shirt? :) I guess it is possible I'm not the type of person whose attention he wants or something.

I guess no matter what it is, there is going to be someone who wants to do it best, or most if "best" is undefinable.

I can't even keep track of how many times I ride a coaster in a row when I keep going around from exit to entrance when lines are low. Trying to keep a lifetime tally would be nearly impossible without lots of work-like attention. I'm only looking for fun, not work.

• Like 6

I would say it was about drawing attention to themselves. However, I ended up riding on Diamondback next to the guy who wears the customized t-shirt about his number of Diamondback rides, and I tried to smalltalk to him a little when we were waiting to enter the station after the ride. It definitely seemed he was disinterested in drawing attention to himself. To which I say, why the shirt? :) I guess it is possible I'm not the type of person whose attention he wants or something.

I guess no matter what it is, there is going to be someone who wants to do it best, or most if "best" is undefinable.

I can't even keep track of how many times I ride a coaster in a row when I keep going around from exit to entrance when lines are low. Trying to keep a lifetime tally would be nearly impossible without lots of work-like attention. I'm only looking for fun, not work.

That happened to me too. He rode Diamondback 54 times that day. He said he didn't know what he'd do without a Fast Lane pass. Apparently he has a schedule: Get up, ERT-Noon Diamondback, Lunch, one hour of other rides, Remainder Diamondback.

• Like 2

I only keep a count of roller coasters that I didn't have any fun on at all. (Other than keeping a spreadsheet of coasters I've ridden, which by default, gives me a count of that too)

So far there is one. Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland.

Combine headbanging that makes Vortex and Invertigo seem as tame as Boo Blasters with an entry path longer than Kings Island's former Flight Deck and a completely dime-a-dozen, lackluster layout, and you have a coaster that I just didn't enjoy at all. I want to Erase my Mind of that entire experience, in fact. It's odd, too, because there are other coasters of the same make, model, and even track layout that I have found to be quite enjoyable. But that one is especially bad for some unknown reason..

I would sooner marathon Time Warp for an entire day than give that horrible instrument of torture another go, even once... And Time Warp is easily my second least favorite coaster of all time.

• Like 2

I don't get the point. Maybe I'm just not "that" kind of enthusiast.

And I looked at the comments on the article in the OP. I think my IQ dropped 10 points by doing so.

jcgoble3, who still doesn't know why he looked at those comments

I wonder how long it took him to get to 10,000 on Millennium Force!

On the topic of counting, I like keeping track of all my rides. I've kept track of every single ride I've taken to the present day using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. 61 rides on The Bat, 78 rides on Diamondback, 241 rides on Vortex and counting... :D:rolleyes: