Souvenir Cup Dishwasher

dragsterguy21

My dad, after telling him not to, washed my b\Banshee cup in the dishwasher. My local park is Cedar Point so I didn't want the stupid Pipe Scream cup. Now my cup is in a weird shape that is the farthest thing from a cylinder. I heard that you can exchange your cup for a new one but without the free refills. Is this true? I didn't know what category to put this under so I just did Kings Island.

• Like 1

Uhhhhh......Refills are .99$ during the whole season when purchased, and I wouldn't think you would get a free drinky drink when you had a full cup, but exchanged it, if one can.

For future reference, ALL plastic cups, whether labeled so or not, should ONLY be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher. As you saw, putting them on the bottom rack exposes them to temperatures that produce the shrivelling.

• Like 1

Last year, I left mine in the car and it melted. I took it to guest services at KI and they exchanged it without problem. I suggest you do the same.

I wonder how often that happens!

All the time, I imagine. They had them on hand. Didn't have to call a foods person or anything. Just took my cup and swapped it for one that they had under the counter.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that they'd exchange them at all, especially if it's not the fault of the park. I could see if there was a defect in the product itself, then that would make sense, but someone leaving it in the hot car or putting it in a dishwasher, why should the park be responsible?

• Like 1

Because they want to try and keep the customer that paid for the souvenir cup happy. (And to keep them buying those refills all season and visiting the park often and spending money in the park). They do have to pay off a shiny new ride that the park this year, and the customers are what lets the park be able to do that.

• Like 8

Last year, I left mine in the car and it melted. I took it to guest services at KI and they exchanged it without problem. I suggest you do the same.

LOL. Same exact thing happend to me. The girl in guest services said no problem, opened the closet door, and from head to toe were replacement cups. She said it happens all the time.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 1

It's not like the cups are made from high grade plastics like you'd find on baby bottles or even the cups found in the gift shops. They are mass produced for pennies, so they use the most durable materials they can find within the budget. Replacing x number of cups is built into the equation so it isn't like the park is losing money.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have found the solution to the problem of having to carry this cup. I am going to check with the park. My idea is to peel the sticker off my Banshee cup and hold on to the bar code, since they need that to scan for the refill. Then use this for my drink.

http://www.rei.com/product/670588/nalgene-wide-mouth-cantene-32-fl-oz

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 1

^ I'm pretty certain that the souvenir cup refill promotion is intended to apply only when that specific cup is being refilled.

Customer-supplied containers could cause sanitation problems with the fountains and (at service locations) with the employees filling your cup. Also, using your own generic cup defeats many benefits that the park gets out of the promotion. Namely:

• You as a walking advertisement for souvenir cups
  • You needing to buy a locker (or have a non-rider in your party) to ride attractions that forbid loose articles
  • A constant reminder for you to come back to the park
  • Promotion of the park's refreshment beverage partner
  • Like 4