Souvenir Cup Dishwasher

dragsterguy21

^^^ Fair points, however one thing I'd have to question is the sanitation issues. With two young kids, we bring our own water bottles a good chunk of the time, and they fill them with water, no questions ask all around the park. We also wash our souvenir cups, so that they are cleaned and ready for the next trip, probably like most people, but you know there are people who don't bother washing them, or just throw some water at them, and dump them out, never using soap to clean them properly. I can't imagine bringing in another container would adversely affect the sanitation levels any more than bringing back your souvenir cup 15 trips later in the season, sometime around mid October.

• Like 2

I am always amazed as it was my experience when I was in the food business that no outside drink cups were allowed...by the Health Department. If the souvenir cup is spotlessly clean when you come in, it will be groady in minutes in the park. Suppose a guest potties (number 2), doesn't wash her hands, handles the cup, gets a refill. Now the server serves me...with feces contaminated hands.

How nice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's one mangled cup! We took our purple Banshee cup to CP a couple of weeks ago. They asked whether we purchased it that day (CPs are purple as well), and of course we said 'no'. They then offered to 'recharge' the all-day barcode for $5. I haven't asked about that at KI, but that's pretty sweet. We usually go in a group of 3 and on a hot day the drinks water-down pretty fast, so being able to change drinks or get a fresh one at will really offsets the annoyance of carrying the thing down there.

• Like 1

I think I have found the solution to the problem of having to carry this cup. I am going to check with the park. My idea is to peel the sticker off my Banshee cup and hold on to the bar code, since they need that to scan for the refill. Then use this for my drink.

http://www.rei.com/product/670588/nalgene-wide-mouth-cantene-32-fl-oz

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

I'd actually love to see if your idea works out. I've always hated carrying around that blasted cup.