Six Flags New England's Cyclone Closing

It was announced earlier today that the decision has been made to remove the Cyclone roller coaster at Six Flags New England.

Cyclone roller coaster to end 31 year run at Six Flags New England

Cyclone storms out of New England

Cyclone at Six Flags to close next month

The official announcement on the park's Twitter Page : Here

(Accidentally put the wrong park, thanks VortexBBForever)

I think you mean Six Flags New England. :) (that's the park in the article) http://www.4-traders.com/SIX-FLAGS-ENTERTAINMENT-C-5371870/news/Six-Flags-Entertainment--Cyclone-Storms-out-of-New-England-and-will-be-Retiring-at-Six-Flags-18633647/ (this is the same link, just in working form)

Edit: Original post fixed!

As for me, I (and probably most other people) only thought Six Flags was closing Colossus at SFMM; now they're closing another one too?!?

When I read this thread's original title, I think I momentarily dipped into cardiac arrest. Thank goodness it was a typo. I really don't want Georgia Cyclone to become the next RMC full renovation, as much as I like RMC products.

I do wonder why Cedar Fair hasn't tried this at any of its parks.

• Like 1

I understand the desire to transform a few of these rough coasters (and I would be happy if Cedar Fair used RMC for Mean Streak), however it seems that this pace has Six Flags transforming or closing all of their wooden coasters in just a few short years. I would hate to see what would happen to The Beast if Six Flags owned the park.

• Like 4

If Cedar Fair is going to try and do anything, I think we should look for it to happen on Mindbuster at Wonderland. Wonderland is clearly CF's common experiment grounds and Mindbuster is the perfect coaster to begin experimenting with (given its simple layout).

The Mighty Canadian Minebuster is a registered trademark and the name of an attraction at Canada's Wonderland, a Cedar Fair Entertainment Company park. It is also loosely, VERY loosely, based on the Shooting Star at Coney Island of Ohio.

I, for one, would bawl like a baby if Cedar Fair let RMC anywhere near it.

Such blasphemy.

• Like 7

So let me get this straight. If Sic Flags owned Cedar Point, Blue Streak would be long gone? Same with Kings Island and The Racer? How do you just continuously get rid of classic coasters. I loved Cyclone! It was actually one of my favorite wooden coasters!

EDIT: Has anyone else been annoyed by Six Flags rebranding their rides? Running them backwards, closing them and giving them an overhaul, repainting them and adding special effects that dont even work half of the time in hopes that if will magically create a totally new ride experience? Bizarro at New England might as well still be Superman: Ride of Steel. The audio doesnt work 75% of the time, there is no more fog in any of the tunnels, the fire has been long gone, and the lights arent on half of the time. Same with Bizarro at Great Adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the desire to transform a few of these rough coasters (and I would be happy if Cedar Fair used RMC for Mean Streak), however it seems that this pace has Six Flags transforming or closing all of their wooden coasters in just a few short years. I would hate to see what would happen to The Beast if Six Flags owned the park.

Mean Streak was actually very fun last time I rode it! Wasn't painful for me! The ride is still fine!

• Like 1

I did not find Mean Streak terribly rough last time I rode it a couple years ago but it was not very fun either. It is pretty though. I would love to see RMC transform it. A true classic woodie is something different though. They need to stay away from coasters like Blue Streak, The Racer and The Beast.

• Like 2

Mean Streak was actually very fun last time I rode it! Wasn't painful for me! The ride is still fine!

I rode it at CoasterMania and I didn't think it was rough this year (although I was in the front row.) With that being said though, I find the layout boring. The lack of a line for this ride makes me believe the general public either agrees with me that it's boring, or has sworn off the ride from previous rough years. Watching some old POV's of the old Texas Giant, I find a lot of similarities between the two coasters.

• Like 2

During the challenge for CoasterMania on Mean Streak, Tony joked about the reason for the challenge is just to get people to ride.

I personally did not find it too rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2