Best Job Ever Video

BoddaH1994

" I said we can ride Banshee, won't you come and work along with me". I love that line! Kings Island is a fun place to work, I put in three seasons at Kings Island under Paramount Parks, it's not as easy as some think but I have some great memories working at Kings Island.

• Like 8

Guest dtk1376

That guy to the far right in the yellow shirt at :52 looks like he didn't practice the dance very much lol. The little blonde lifeguard girl looks like she must of been either a gymnast or cheerleader, I would of face planted with just about every move she did.

• Like 1

Fortunes of employment, timeless and are some of the best trips i've had.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone to get a job at Kings Island, because it TRULY is fun, and amazing.

Hey all, thanks for the feedback. I am in the video and had a blast making it. The dance moves were a bit hard to master at first, but it got easier as time went on. For those wondering, I am in a yellow shirt and hat and can be seen in The Beast and Breakers Bay parts as well as in the grand finale. :)

• Like 5

Do employees really get to ride Banshee before the park opens? I've always wanted to work there and that would seal the deal. I'm still too young to work at the park but when I reach the age I will.

Ride operators may have to take test rides throughout the day to observe if the ride is working as it should. They look for anything that could interfere with the track, they listen to the ride (yes, you hear how a ride is supposed to sound while working on it and are able to report something that sounds un-ordinary) and they also feel out the ride. So technically yes, they get paid to ride Banshee or other rides, but they are doing a specific thing while doing so.

Not every employee runs over to Banshee before the park opens to ride it. They've got their own things to do, to get their own ride or area ready for park opening.

• Like 2

And those sounds you'll never forget. I brought strange noise to the attention of the Magnum crew Sunday morning. They test rode several times and even in my seat. And sure enough they were an issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't even bother at KI the last time I got accessed of lying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I shutdown Delirium yesterday because I reported a restraint issue. On the back swing while facing down, my restraint clicked up. On the upswing, I pulled it back down and it did it again. I would rather be accused if being a liar than something happen and knowing that I could have prevented it.

Missed the Cirque show due to having to wait around for a supervisor but was able to catch it later. Very nicely done.

And the video too!

• Like 5

Hydra, that song is stuck in my head again! I hadn't thought of it since we heard it over and over again waiting to sign in at Coasting for Kids!

While watching that I couldn't help thinking there should be a Haunt version of this, with some of the iconic characters from Haunt doing the dancing. Better yet, have it start out with the people in the current video, then the scareactors come in, chase them off and take their place. Maybe dance for a little bit to "Best Job Ever" before The Undertaker or The Overlord makes everyone come to their senses and cues up a more Haunt-appropriate tune.

• Like 4

A couple of years ago I mentioned to an Adventure Express operator of the thump thumping noise I kept hearing from my seat, it was a bad road wheel, and I reported that, and they basically said yeah I'm sure and walked away from me, later on we rode again in the same seat and the same thumping noise again. So that just really turned me off to the whole thing of saying something.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the video is well put together, but as for me working there, never going to work there again. At least in the game section, they didn't train us well. I got 10 minutes of money training, and that is not enough for my first job (this was last year). I was over $20 my first day because of the horrible training I recieved. The next time they talked to me about it, and had me do money counting in front of them. I did. They said I was fine, and everything was good for a week. Then there was a rainy day in which money got stuck together easily. I then was under $20, and they fired me without even getting my side of the story. They had me write down the report of what happened. The guy glanced at it, and then fired me.

Not how you should treat someone in my opinion.

BUT that being said, I love Kings Island, and I am sure some people love their job, but I feel like it is less so in the game department when it comes to management.