FOF

Pbmcd

Unless you have a family of 4... 4x80=320, 4x95=380....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're already dropping $320, what's 60 more bucks?

I don't think the majority of people buying Fast Lane OR Fast Lane Plus are those who can barely afford it, but I could be wrong.

• Like 2

I don't think the majority of people buying Fast Lane OR Fast Lane Plus are those who can barely afford it, but I could be wrong.

I don't think it's necessarily just "rich kids" getting FL or FLP. I think for many it's their big thing of the summer, visiting KI. So again, why not drop a few more bucks for Plus?

• Like 2

$60 more is enough for dinner at the Reds HOF grille for a family of 4; could be used for part of an all day dining plan for 4, could cover the cost of parking and lunch at the Festhause, could be used to get on one of the "up charge" attractions, etc....At some point, people are going to say "enough is enough" and move on. $60 can be used in a lot of different ways depending on what the family is most interested in and can afford.

• Like 5

I doubt you get a more reliable answer from anyone on this site than you would get on any of the standard weather sites (local papers, weather.com, accuweather, etc...) You may get a better guess, perhaps even the correct prediction, but at this point there is little reason to trust what someone says on here vs what you'll find at a number of websites.

$60 more is enough for dinner at the Reds HOF grille for a family of 4; could be used for part of an all day dining plan for 4, could cover the cost of parking and lunch at the Festhause, could be used to get on one of the "up charge" attractions, etc....At some point, people are going to say "enough is enough" and move on. $60 can be used in a lot of different ways depending on what the family is most interested in and can afford.

Agreed, but $320 would go over 5x further!

Sorry this is random, but does the weather for Monday look good? I can't tell or not because I've seen a few different sites.

weather.com is saying a high of 89 with a 30 percent chance of isolated thunderstorms. We are still few days a way so the closer to Monday we get the more accurate the forecast will be.

• Like 1

Then there are days like yesterday at KI.

Forecast that morning? 60% chance of precipitation, mainly between 2pm and 7pm.

Observed? Isolated thunderstorms all afternoon, then nonstop thunderstorms from 8pm until 10pm, with about 2 inches of rain. At least the park was dead all day. Some associates thought it was curious that I was walking the completely deserted midways in the 9pm hour.

• Like 3

Momentarily going back to the up charge price of FL or FLP, there is always a breaking point for people. Just because you can afford 300 does not mean you can afford 380 or 350.

Think of it like going to dinner. You can afford the 18$ steak but the 24$ steak (10% increase) is just too much. Same thing with 320 and 380 (just under 10% increase).

Plus the 60$ could be gas, could be money for games or snacks, could be could be could be

• Like 1

Another possibility is that the people don't like more "extreme" rides like Firehawk and Banshee, and just opt for the Plus because of cost. But there can't be that many people that won't ride.

• Like 2

Momentarily going back to the up charge price of FL or FLP, there is always a breaking point for people. Just because you can afford 300 does not mean you can afford 380 or 350.

Think of it like going to dinner. You can afford the 18$ steak but the 24$ steak (10% increase) is just too much. Same thing with 320 and 380 (just under 10% increase).

Plus the 60$ could be gas, could be money for games or snacks, could be could be could be

Your 10% math is off a bit :D

I guess it also depends on wait times for the day. My wife and I went on a Saturday during Haunt on a perfect weather day for our only visit of the year, and I'll admit we just bought FL at first for $80 per person. The only 2 FL+ rides were Beast and Firehawk, so we figured we'd be fine with just FL. Then we saw the lines for both rides, and the extra $30 for just those 2 was more than worth it to us, especially considering we just spent $160 for FL just a few hours prior. Even with FL+ we still barely got through all the rides and attractions we wanted to before we needed to leave.

But on a less (but still) crowded day where we had more time, we might have saved the $30 to wait 45-60 minutes or so for the few FL+ attractions and zipped through the FL lines. So I guess I can see why some would get only FL and not FL+.

With Banshee, FOF and Firehawk being the 3 FL+ rides now though, I think I'd go straight for the FL+ if I was going on a Saturday or holiday.

• Like 1