FOF

Pbmcd

Yesterday someone posted in the current wait times thread that there was a line waiting, so presumably it was open. I haven't seen anyone posting that they are there today (not surprising, it is probably a madhouse) so we don't have confirmation. Very very unlikely it is down for the season, regardless, in my humble opinion.

There is a very slight chance I might go down for fireworks tonight or tomorrow, if I do, I will try to find out if the ride is open. If not, I will definitely post one way or the other on Monday. If it is open, I will probably spend half the day waiting for and riding it.

• Like 1

Removing it from that page actually makes sense if it's down for an extended period of time. Using a non-operating ride to sell the Fast Lane Plus upgrade could result in angry customers.

If it's back up, and it stays that way, I presume that it would soon be added back to the page.

EDIT: (in reply to the edit above)

Yes FOF is open today! Enjoy while you can!

Is the Fast Lane queue open? Is it signed Fast Lane Plus?

• Like 1

Removing it from that page actually makes sense if it's down for an extended period of time. Using a non-operating ride to sell the Fast Lane Plus upgrade could result in angry customers.

If it's back up, and it stays that way, I presume that it would soon be added back to the page.

EDIT: (in reply to the edit above)

Yes FOF is open today! Enjoy while you can!

Is the Fast Lane queue open? Is it signed Fast Lane Plus?

I did not notice if the Fast Lane queue was open. I did not notice if a sign was posted at the entrance. Sorry ,bad reporting, I know :(

• Like 1

Very Interesting to say the least. If the ride has reopened I wonder why they decided to not offer Fast Lane on it anymore. My only guess is the capacity already isn't very good on Fight of Fear so they are trying to improve how fast the line moves? Cause funny thing is it just became Plus after the season started and now it's not Fast Lane anything.

• Like 4

^ Earlier this season (around 3:00pm on moderately crowded Friday, May 30), I waited 1 hr 50 min to get through Flight of Fear's nearly-filled inside queue. The line separator was letting 14 Fast Lane Plus guests through per two trains, for a 35/65 split. Whenever the Fast Lane Plus queue backed up, the split became ~50/50.

Perhaps they concluded that capacity isn't high enough to maintain a good experience for guests in both queues.

It should be noted that Cedar Fair's corporate focus is on safe, reliable rides that have high throughput.

• Like 6

Very Interesting to say the least. If the ride has reopened I wonder why they decided to not offer Fast Lane on it anymore. My only guess is the capacity already isn't very good on Fight of Fear so they are trying to improve how fast the line moves? Cause funny thing is it just became Plus after the season started and now it's not Fast Lane anything.

If that's truly the case, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Firehawk, probably our worst capacity coaster.

When I was at Cedar Point during Coaster Mania, I found it surprising that Millennium Force had a separate Fast Lane wait time sign. (Sort of unrelated, but we are talking about Fast Lane.)

• Like 1

Glad it's open at least, I really like that ride.

Every time I'd been to it lately, there's not the largest line in the world, so I can see it not being on FastLane.

FastPass Banshee would be a waste, the line is so fast.

(Edit:corrected brand name.)

It could be a just today thing. Restraints are occasionally blocked off because of a reported defect/safety issue, low capacity day forcing riders to use other cars, or recent guest illness still drying up after being sprayed down with disinfectant/water.

I hope it's just a today only deal due to the first reason, those are common occurrences. If it is a new change, wow..drastic..I've seen this thing happen before, as others here have already noted it's slight similarity

• Like 1