FOF

Pbmcd

As stated earlier, the last row has been roaped off. This is in the queue, not for an individual train. Apparently it has been this way since reopening.

The park has never made an official statement about this but it is eerily ironic that the power outage happened the same day that the ride reopened. It's known that in 1999 (at least) Drop Tower and FOF could not launch/tow at the same time due to power issues. Maybe the second fire had something to do with that. Thus recreating the 1999 issue. Maybe they are able to use less power with a few less riders as a temporary fix. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

I think that is an interesting point about FOF and Drop Tower. I think they're experiencing the same problem that they had wah back when. I don't think they can launch when Drop Tower is going up. Every few minutes the op that is driving says "drop" over the microphone and they hold the dispatch for a while. Also, there's an op that sits in the drive box with a headset. Direct line to Drop Tower? Interesting stuff...

• Like 1

I think that is an interesting point about FOF and Drop Tower. I think they're experiencing the same problem that they had wah back when. I don't think they can launch when Drop Tower is going up. Every few minutes the op that is driving says "drop" over the microphone and they hold the dispatch for a while. Also, there's an op that sits in the drive box with a headset. Direct line to Drop Tower? Interesting stuff...

But you also have to think, Banshee has been added to this side of the park as well and I don't see it drawing much more amprage than Drop Tower does.

I am going to guess that Drop Tower uses an H style hoist with dual motors and the motors that lift my 50,000 pound scoreboard are not that big. 40 amp three phase I believe. That's nothing when it comes to a commercial power draw.