Run in with KI Security

Wingless92

Headed out to the park on Thursday the 26th for a reward for getting through my first summer class. Walked over to Banshee and got in line. As soon as I entered the main line a gentlemen behind me asked to get by me as his kids were farther up in the line. I said there is no line jumping and grabbed the railing to not let him by.

At that exact moment park security showed up and asked him to step outta line.

I thought "Cool, that's that."

I proceeded through the queue and right before the stairs another KI police officer asked me to step outta line. "Sure" I said. We walked out of the Fast Lane to the front of the queue. They had a couple of questions for me about what happened. Took my info down and let me on my way.

The officer said I shouldn't of grabbed the railing and gotten ahold of park security. Duly noted I said. I also said thanks for everything that y'all do.

The officer then took me through the Fast Lane and up to the station.so I wouldn't loose my spot.

Big prop's goes out to everyone that keeps us acting normal and people safe at the park while we are having fun.

Ended the night with a Beast night ride. The lightning bugs were out in force last night in the woods looked incredible.

• Like 14

I've never been one to not let a parent/kid past, if it is obvious that his/her group is a little ahead.

I would agree that it is not your place to try and play traffic cop. In some places, and on some days more than others, that could turn out very, very badly for you.

• Like 7

I would agree that it is not your place to try and play traffic cop. In some places, and on some days more than others, that could turn out very, very badly for you.

Any sort of confrontation can turn out badly, even when well-intentioned. Security has the training and resources to do this safely and respectfully. Guests don't.

• Like 3

Yea I always let families meet back up. Now more so that I have a little one. Accidents happen, and to a parent who is doing all they can to keep the kids in one piece, letting them have a family roller coaster ride together is a small sacrifice on my part.

Security has the training and resources to do this safely and respectfully. Guests don't.

Not always true ;)

However, if a family is ahead, and one part of the group is behind, how about the family in front take a few steps back, or let those people pass as they wait. Noone will ever see an issue with that, and no ride op will have issues. Someone going ahead to meet their group/family, alright, well if you want to ride as a group get in line as a group. You leave the line, you forefit the spot. Using the first thing as an example is a way to not ensure any issues whatsoever. That is line jumping, and at some parks, especially a certain SIX park, this is enforced quite well.

• Like 4

Guest dtk1376

We were in line for the train at the zoo today and they had to take it down for maintenance. The people in front of me said, "take the kids to see the river otters and I'll stay here and keep your place". Once kids left line they reopened the train and they missed the train. Felt bad for the kids for their parents bad judgment, but sometimes people need to learn patience as well as teach it to your child. And yes, I am a parent to a 4 year old, a 4 year old who doesn't care one bit to sit in line and never complains about it.

• Like 6

Most guests don't even know they are line jumping.

Let's be realistic: are those couple people just trying to catch up with their group really going to make your wait that much longer?

10 teens catching up with 2 people is one thing, parent & child catching up is another.

Like my grandfather always told me: "Fight the battles that are worth fighting."

• Like 8

I always let parents go ahead. However, I will typically have my daughter come back to me if we get separated in line. There have been many times if I yell up at her to wait, people let me pass to catch up with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If riding together is not important enough to the group to either stick together before entering the line or to leave their own place in line to wait with the newcomer, why is it important enough to displace everyone else in the line who have nothing to gain from it? Granted it is only a little inconvenience for everyone else, but all those people also are not the ones that are "gaining" something. If you are the one who wants something special, expect that you may be the one who needs to be inconvenienced. That doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

I don't throw a fit about it when it happens, because if one fights every time someone is rude or breaks the rules, one is going to end up angry and a lot more inconvenienced. I do think it needs more enforcement by someone paid to do so, though, because as it stands pretty much every group that does it thinks "oh, it's just one person, it's not really line jumping, those rules don't really apply to us". Yes, it is line jumping, and you should really appreciate all the other people who don't call you on your rudeness, rather than just expecting them to step aside because you want something. (This is directed at the oblivious line jumpers, not LoraX's post. I can tell LoraX sees it as a kindness, not a privilege if people let you ahead, which I don't have a problem with either).

• Like 2