Webcams are gone?

jbum123

Cedar Point added two "Live view" webcams and took down their entire webcam page.

Kings Island has removed all the webcams from their page but the page is still there.

I haven't heard anything about KI adding "Live view" cams.

So much for being able to judge crowds.

• Like 2

The web cams were conveniently positioned in a way in which you couldn't judge the crowds anyway...

I could see AZ just fine and since most people flock to over there, it was a good judge of crowds. Same with Banshee.

When the cameras went down they came back up with a new IP address (54.84.231.7). I believe Cedar Fair uses one IP for all their live cams. If you look on Carowinds website (at the time of this post), their webcam is down and it's under the old IP address (174.121.245.214). I wonder if Cedar Fair is under the process of moving all their feeds to a new server, especially since Cedar Point has live cameras now.

They don't want people not coming because they think it looks too busy. Once you're there, you're more committed.

Due to large crowds when I get there, I have actually gone through the parking tolls and straight out the nearby exit. Regardless of webcams, I'm using common sense about today and tomorrow...no point in my getting anywhere near that mess!

• Like 4

They don't want people not coming because they think it looks too busy. Once you're there, you're more committed.

Due to large crowds when I get there, I have actually gone through the parking tolls and straight out the nearby exit. Regardless of webcams, I'm using common sense about today and tomorrow...no point in my getting anywhere near that mess!

Just show up in the evening and watch the fireworks. No waiting in line for that.
  • Like 5

We went last night despite large crowds. It went very well actually. 3 hours we did.

Banshee

The Bat

Racer

WindSeeker

Vortex

Diamondback

We were on Diamondback for the fireworks and we did this while walking through shops and just relaxing not hurrying to everything.

• Like 2

I've actually gone early to the sports bar on Western Row on Independence Day when PKI had Nights of Fire. I went inside, had my dinner, and stepped outside around 10pm....watched the fireworks, then turned left to bypass nasty I71 to Montgomery Rd. Quick and easy and oh so fun. Made the mistake in the first NOF by being inside the park....didn't leave the parking lot until...da da da.....4am. Never again. Im hoping to go to Dinos in the Dark..I'm just not a crowd person....at all...they make me anxious and sometimes angry. I don't know why....just me I guess.

• Like 2