KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

Rude guests,

"Macho" teenagers,

Line jumpers,

Smokers in general (it's okay if they want to smoke but I think they should have like a smoke box at KI were only smokers can go and fill their lungs with a wonderful shade of black),

People getting mad cause their child they kept telling over and over again can ride this ride, really can't, and when their child starts crying or gets mad, because they can't ride the ride, the parents/child get mad at the ride op...

abnormally loud people,

People that think it's a great time to start talking about sexual related stuff in line...

• Like 8

Pre-teens and teens, usually but not always girls, who squeal shrilly in mock fear on coasters, frequently right in my ear--Please shut up.

People yelling while you are going up the lift hill " We're all going to die."

• Like 9

Pre-teens and teens, usually but not always girls, who squeal shrilly in mock fear on coasters, frequently right in my ear--Please shut up.

People yelling while you are going up the lift hill " We're all going to die."

I'm kind of guilty doing this. I convinced my friend that on The Bat, the ride sometimes gets stuck on the lift hill. When it slowed down on the hill he almost started crying and I felt bad but at the time I was laughing. I did apologize to him so don't think I'm a horrible person. Another thing I hate is when girls that are like 10 or 11 feel the need to wear short shorts that are just WAY too short.

• Like 8

People who say (this is at Carowinds but it applies to most parks), while waiting in line for, say, the Intimidator: "it has a 300 foot drop." I have to restrain myself from going, "NO IT DOESN'T YOU MORON", although that is a bit harsh for a non-coaster nerd...

• Like 1

Crepe hangers. Misinformed people telling other riders that people died on what ride and when. They make it sound like Vortex ends with a guillotine.

The parents that sit on a bench during Haunt and let their kids, that invariably smell of urine, stand on the rails in line in front of you so that you, too, can appreciate the urine smell full blast.

Smokers outside of the personalized, comfy coral that was devised for them and only them.

Attention mongers- girls that laugh too hard and falsely in line, etc.,

The Mad Max Stroller Brigade. I understand that having a kid makes you the Only Person in the Universe, but to me, my shins are real, and that metal bar you use as a weapon hurts.

• Like 14

Non-riders who claim that they won't ride roller coasters because they're dangerous. Bonus points if they are a parent who sits and waits while they let their children on these alleged death traps and who participated in an exponentially more dangerous activity by driving to the park that morning...

Thanks, local news media, for falsely convincing people that one of the safest forms of amusement you can find is apparently dangerous...

• Like 17

Crepe hangers. Misinformed people telling other riders that people died on what ride and when. They make it sound like Vortex ends with a guillotine.

The parents that sit on a bench during Haunt and let their kids, that invariably smell of urine, stand on the rails in line in front of you so that you, too, can appreciate the urine smell full blast.

Smokers outside of the personalized, comfy coral that was devised for them and only them.

The Mad Max Stroller Brigade. I understand that having a kid makes you the Only Person in the Universe, but to me, my shins are real, and that metal bar you use as a weapon hurts.

Sometimes I find myself as part of that brigade, because people are rude and decide to walk in front of you while you are walking. But I am also the one who will not slow down when people walk in front of me with out looking at me. Sometimes all it takes is eye contact and a "oops" look and no one gets mad. But if you cross infront of me because you cant wait for me to go around, my stroller is heavy :)

Parents who force their young kids to go on rides. I hate seeing kids crying and terrified to ride all because a parent wants to ride it and forces them to go on it too.

If we dont push boundaries, sometimes those boundaries never move...

• Like 6

I feel like if I were a parent who wanted to go to Kings Island, I would consider only two options:

1) Go to the park and ride only rides that the little one is willing and able to ride, and enjoy seeing the happiness on my child's face

2) Hire a sitter for the day

I don't even like the idea of parent swap, to be honest. Though the kid doesn't have to wait alone, you're still making them wait in line for a ride they can't/don't want to ride, and that still rubs me the wrong way.

Though when I have kids, I plan on getting them into amusement parks as early as possible and get them on coasters before they are given any reason to see roller coasters as scary. I feel like kids are only afraid of coasters because they have friends or family who say that they are afraid of them, which in a young mind, can make a child fear something. If a kid doesn't realize there is anything to be afraid of, they shouldn't have any reason to be afraid, if that makes sense.

• Like 7

I don't even like the idea of parent swap, to be honest. Though the kid doesn't have to wait alone, you're still making them wait in line for a ride they can't/don't want to ride, and that still rubs me the wrong way.

The idea with parent swap is that one parent waits in line while the other takes care of the child elsewhere. The latter parent boards via the exit, handing the kid off to the first parent.

• Like 6

What also upsets me is when a kid is to young/small to ride and their parents make them wait in line with them and then sit in the corner in the station while they ride it! Have they heard of parenting?? I feel like going up to these kids and giving them hugs!

I enjoyed the kiddie pens back in my under 48" days, honest.

My pet peeves are:

-People's lack of knowledge on lightning

-Guest (typicaly high schoolers) who think the midway is a fashion rumway. I once saw someone replying her makeup while walking as her friend guided her through the crowd.

-The need to bring ones whole life into the park.

-People who don't pause for the playing of the national anthem

• Like 9

I dislike the line jumpers, spitters, and the people smoking in a non-designated area. I would really like to just pull the cigarette out of their mouth, throw it on the ground, and proceed to step on it.

• Like 9

Sometimes I find myself as part of that brigade, because people are rude and decide to walk in front of you while you are walking. But I am also the one who will not slow down when people walk in front of me with out looking at me. Sometimes all it takes is eye contact and a "oops" look and no one gets mad. But if you cross infront of me because you cant wait for me to go around, my stroller is heavy :)

Parents who force their young kids to go on rides. I hate seeing kids crying and terrified to ride all because a parent wants to ride it and forces them to go on it too.

If we dont push boundaries, sometimes those boundaries never move...

Thanks for the explanation. I can understand the momentum of a stroller, It's like a payday shopping cart, and I don't walk in front of them. I've seen women use them as battering rams to get where they want to go, though, running into people from behind, setting them off balance- the "oops" in that case comes with a spiteful smile.

Homestar, I agree with parents that take kids and only seem to be there for themselves, from my experience (being that I was lucky enough to be able to board with the kids), that time goes way too fast, and then they are off to The Racer. They should love Planet Snoopy for all it's worth, because someday they'll walk through it and remember the great times they gave the kids.

• Like 5

Guest dtk1376

What also upsets me is when a kid is to young/small to ride and their parents make them wait in line with them and then sit in the corner in the station while they ride it! Have they heard of parenting?? I feel like going up to these kids and giving them hugs!

I enjoyed the kiddie pens back in my under 48" days, honest.

My pet peeves are:

-People's lack of knowledge on lightning

-Guest (typicaly high schoolers) who think the midway is a fashion rumway. I once saw someone replying her makeup while walking as her friend guided her through the crowd.

-The need to bring ones whole life into the park.

-People who don't pause for the playing of the national anthem

Those kiddie pens... I can't stand seeing a child in those, it almost looks like they are in jail, like KI Fanatic said, I just want to go give them a hug. I couldn't imagine my child having to sit in one of those just so I can ride a roller coaster.

• Like 2