KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

I'm almost 14 and I hate haunted houses. I've gone to Haunt once and that was just to ride Diamondback and The Beast at night (Both rides were a 2 hour wait btw) and I don't think I'll be going back. I mean I have nothing against Haunt it's themed amazingly but I just don't like it. I like going on Sundays in October and looking at the scenery in the day and that's about it. My dad is the reason we went last time because he is obsessed with haunted houses just like my brother Rick. My brother works at Land of Illusion. I just hate getting scared like that. But for right now, I'm looking forward to going to the park today and get scared the one way I like to get scared. On roller coasters!

• Like 6

People who walk very lethargically in the MIDDLE of the walkways, not to mention theres a group of 6 of them and they walk shoulder to shoulder.

People who have no idea how a seal belt works when the train returns to the station, and take 2 minutes to unbuckle their seat belt.

People who dont know how the exit gate works.

People who scream at the top of their lungs as if they are being stabbed when the train is leaving the station.

People who try to tell me "someone died on this ride".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

People who walk very lethargically in the MIDDLE of the walkways, not to mention theres a group of 6 of them and they walk shoulder to shoulder.

People who have no idea how a seal belt works when the train returns to the station, and take 2 minutes to unbuckle their seat belt.

You remind me of two more, Those who hold hands in a large chain the goes the width of the midway. Also those who don't know how to buckle a seat belt.

Teenage boys who flip off the ride cameras. Just rode behind one on Diamondback who didn't know where the cams were so just rode with his middle fingers up the whole time.

Wow. You're such a rebel. Nobody else has EVER thought to do that before. Yawn.

They then ruin the picture for the people behind them, as it cannot be displayed as said finger is in that frame as well.

• Like 6

People who hold up every line because their kid has to get measured. Please take advantage of the several measuring stations located throughout the park! It takes 30 econds to measure and get a wristband. If it were up to me, each ride wouldn't have a measuring platform. In order to ride, you must get a wristand if you're a child.

• Like 3

I don't recall this ever happening before but it happened twice today and I'm getting pretty grossed out. People who get on rides with bleeding wounds. I really don't want your blood getting on me. Please visit first aid and get a band aid.

Also, Banshee ride ops who "help" you out of your restraints by standing directly in front of you watching as you push it up, blocking your ability to get up. Thanks, your times would be better if you weren't standing in the way of me getting off and the next group getting on.

• Like 1

People who hold up every line because their kid has to get measured. Please take advantage of the several measuring stations located throughout the park! It takes 30 econds to measure and get a wristband. If it were up to me, each ride wouldn't have a measuring platform. In order to ride, you must get a wristand if you're a child.

My kid has really sensitive skin and the wristbands make her itch and break out in hives when she starts to sweat. It's so unpleasant that she freaks out and rips them off as soon as they make her put one on any more. I don't think she should be forced to wear one, but I do think that holding up a ride to measure a kid for the 3rd time is stupid. My daughter is 50 inches tall but has been made to get out of her seat on two different occasions to be remeasured when 1) she is clearly tall enough for what she was riding and 2) was already measured twice in line previously. What's the point of measuring them at both the back of the line and again at the front of the line and then making them do it a third time? It seems to me the assumption would be that by the time they are in the seat they have been thoroughly height checked and ready to go.

^Children below the height requirement can still wait in line with the parents/others that may be riding. Just because someone was measured at the start of the line and deemed tall enough to ride doesn't mean that someone couldn't try to take advantage of that and try to get their kid on that doesn't meet the requirement. You see it all the time at rides, and it's been referenced earlier in this topic... "but my kid rode earlier today..." And once they're sitting in the seat, it's difficult to tell someone's actual height just by seeing their torso. By asking a child to get out of the seat to be measured, the ride ops are doing their jobs of ensuring that no one too short is riding. Better to be safe than sorry later if something were to go wrong.

• Like 6

Teenage boys who flip off the ride cameras. Just rode behind one on Diamondback who didn't know where the cams were so just rode with his middle fingers up the whole time.

Wow. You're such a rebel. Nobody else has EVER thought to do that before. Yawn.

And gang signs.

Hersheypark can does prosecute riders who do this. The evidence is darn near irrefutable.

• Like 5

People who say (this is at Carowinds but it applies to most parks), while waiting in line for, say, the Intimidator: "it has a 300 foot drop." I have to restrain myself from going, "NO IT DOESN'T YOU MORON", although that is a bit harsh for a non-coaster nerd...

Exactly. My friend went to Carowinds and then took a picture of Intimidator and said #intimidator305. I was like 'You know that I305 is in Virginia right?'

• Like 3

My biggest pet peeve at KI is bad language. I've heard such words mainly from other teenagers on too many of my visits, especially this year and the last. :( If you know me, you know I absolutely detest bad language!

I try very hard not to let it ruin the fun I have. And thankfully, I've succeeded. :)

• Like 7

^^As someone who works in retail, I must say I am amazed at how often people use bad language in public. When I hear customers drop f-bombs in front of their own children, I am bewildered. It's called decency, and being in a public place. Cuss at home all you want, but not at a place primarily full of families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Seeing a 200ft+ Beast of a wooden coaster sitting dormant from 2009-2012. Banshee not having storage bins, and having to pay for a locker for a 3 minute ride. Rain Delays, at Kings Island tend to be over exaggerated by park management.

• Like 3

Seeing a 200ft+ Beast of a wooden coaster sitting dormant from 2009-2012. Banshee not having storage bins, and having to pay for a locker for a 3 minute ride. Rain Delays, at Kings Island tend to be over exaggerated by park management.

Over exaggerated?

As opposed to just the right amount of exaggeration?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

• Like 4

I enjoy Banshee not having storage bins.

Shorts with zipper pockets will never let you down. I also have a pair of pants with zipper pockets for April/early May and October.

Only thing I wish they'd store would be the souvenir cups. They're supposed to be a value, but if you buy a locker it almost completely offsets that. Other than that, I like it too.
  • Like 2

I hate high schoolers and older telling kids in like 2nd grade that people have died on this ride or, my favorite, "The Beast eats little kids like you." and scaring the crap out of them and then having to listen to them cry and wail the entire ride. Last year my friend Logan had never ridden Vortex because when he was little his grandma said that over 40 people have died on it. Me and him were both starting 7th grade and he was still terrified. I got him on it and he just wanted to keep riding and it's now his favorite. But here's another fun little story. I was just old enough to go to KI by myself and all 3 people I've taken (I've gone about 15 times total with these 3 people) are terrified of Drop Tower because someone told them it was deadly. Oh well, still one of my favorites.

Hey! My name is Logan and I'm heading into 7th grade!

• Like 4

I have no problem with parents stopping at the ride entrance to get their kids measured. All I ask is that you please step aside so those of us behind you may pass while you are getting your kids measured.

• Like 3

I know this thread is about pet peeves but please pardon me from deviating to say something positive.

I know a lot of of pet peeves have been about disrespectful youth. I have to say that while I have experienced this, I must say that I feel most young people are basically good.

I would like to share an experience I had at the park a couple of months ago. Near the front entrance of the park I tripped and fell. ( I won't go into it but it was my fault folks.) There was a minute or so when I was in such pain that I could not move. Then, four young people whom I would say were about 17 checked on me to see if I was ok. One of them said that he would not leave unless they saw that I could get up ok. After I was feeling better, I started to get up and one of them helped me by pulling me by my hand. Luckily, I did not have to go to the doctor-just some bruising.

I wish I could have found out those young people's names so I could get in touch with their parents to thank them for raising such decent, kind human beings.

Another good example of the goodness of our youth is the awesome staff of KI-need I say more?

• Like 19

"Nnnn nnnn nnnn nn n nn nnnneeeeCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!" (Drawn out awkward confusion in Cirque Imagine)

" Upbar! Ladies and gentlemen, your restraints are now unlocked. Dont worry, i did that. They will be relocked and rechecked. Downbar!"

Pompeii by Bastille and Ain't it Fun by Paramore

*walks to seat and someone is there: "Hey, i was 26." "NAH AH! I WUZ TWENTY SICKS!" "No, i was in 26. I heard him say 25 when you walked past!" *person in my seat pulls down restraint "Well now you have to go ahead and find anuthur seat!" *Watches as someone takes 25 as well and pulls down restraint. *Complains to ride operator "She took my seat!" Ride op goes and says: " Upbar! Ladies and gentlemen, your restraints are now unlocked. Dont worry, i did that. They will be relocked and rechecked. Downbar!" *People in 25 and 26 move down to 24 and 25 and i go to 26 and thoroughly enjoy falling for 3 seconds with someone shrieking in my ear

The one misting fan in the queue for Diamondback that squirts water on you and the FunTV so you get wet and cant see the music videos.

Random person comes up and yells "AAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO" in my face! (Has happened more than 3 times)

(Bonanza themesong here)

Some coasters just never get new signs. *Cough Invertigo *Cough

Cant Boo Blasters just stay the same speed throughout the entire ride?

• Like 1

" Upbar! Ladies and gentlemen, your restraints are now unlocked. Dont worry, i did that. They will be relocked and rechecked. Downbar!"

Needed.....while it may be an inconvenience for you, it's actually needed because people will freak out that their restraints aren't going to lock and then they'll report false information somewhere and guess what, it could end up on the news, resulting in us talking about how false news reports are a pet peeve. Also, they have to say downbar if they've unlocked the restraints so the other ride ops know to recheck them.

• Like 8

Needed.....while it may be an inconvenience for you, it's actually needed because people will freak out that their restraints aren't going to lock and then they'll report false information somewhere and guess what, it could end up on the news, resulting in us talking about how false news reports are a pet peeve. Also, they have to say downbar if they've unlocked the restraints so the other ride ops know to recheck them.

A lot of times it happens 2 or 3 times in a row on Drop Tower.