KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

In my experience, teens today, on average, are actually better behaved and socially concious than the ones from my own childhood and teenage years (and the first decade of this century). I've been pleasantly surprised, often.

The unfortunate thing with people in general is that the rude and ill behaved draw so much more attention than the far greater number who aren't like that.

• Like 13

Biggest Pet Peeve: People who DO NOT use DEODORANT/ANTIPERSPIRANTS!! I can only hold my breath for so long in line :blink:

Haha! You reminded me of one of the funniest moments I ever had at KI.

The Zodiac was a double armed ferris wheel that was in the park in the 70's. We had to share the cage with a particularly smelly dad and two kids.

My cousin lost his self-censorship due to the smell, and looked me, held his nose, and said loudly announced, "Pew!"

The family just looked at him as if he were referring to someone else.

The Zodiac had cages with iron bar sides, air constantly blew through the cage due to the motion,

And this family still made us sick with their stank!

• Like 4

Biggest Pet Peeve: People who DO NOT use DEODORANT/ANTIPERSPIRANTS!! I can only hold my breath for so long in line :blink:

Haha! You reminded me of one of the funniest moments I ever had at KI.

The Zodiac was a double armed ferris wheel that was in the park in the 70's. We had to share the cage with a particularly smelly dad and two kids.

My cousin lost his self-censorship due to the smell, and looked me, held his nose, and said loudly announced, "Pew!"

The family just looked at him as if he were referring to someone else.

The Zodiac had cages with iron bar sides, air constantly blew through the cage due to the motion,

And this family still made us sick with their stank!

To quote our friendly captain on Paddlewheel Excursions at CP when we passed the skunk: Let's hear a peuuu!!

• Like 5

My biggest pet peeve is Google reporting park hours incorrectly all the time, guests think that the park is open 12:00pm-1:00am everyday during the summer. Just type Kings Island into a Google search engine and your results for today 7/3/2014 :

Hours:

Monday Closed Tuesday Closed Wednesday Closed Thursday Closed Friday Closed Saturday 12:00 – 1:00 am Sunday 12:00 – 1:00 am, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
  • Like 1

No, it's saying 12am. Notice how for Sunday it says 12am to 1am, and then adds 11am to 7pm. Listing 12pm to 1am and 11am to 7pm for the same day would make no sense as they would overlap, plus there is no day on the calendar that KI is open to the public 12pm to 1am.

What's really going on here is that Google is stuck on a corrupted version of Haunt hours from last fall. When some place is open after midnight, as KI is during Haunt, Google splits that up and lists e.g. 6pm to 12am on Friday and then 12am to 1am on Saturday, thereby listing the hours as part of the day that they are actually a part of. However, those hours have been corrupted, causing the regular Friday and Saturday Haunt hours to disappear, leaving only the portions of those nights after midnight, and I'd wager that that corruption is what's preventing it from updating to current hours.

• Like 2

Random people (mostly 16/17 year old boys) asking for high fives or randomly hugging you and swearing. Excuse my language but I was riding The Beast on Tuesday and the boy behind me (about 12) saying things like, "Holy mothaf****** sh*t this motherf******* ride is f****** scary y'all holy sh*t man f*** this sh*t god darn man WOOOAHFWUFWUPUIG(P HOLY SH*T. This was the entire ride until the second chain when I decided to tell them to stop. The kid then says, "Yooo man I f***** your mom so hard LOLOLOOLLOLOLLOLOL." I hate people like this. Again sorry for the language.

• Like 8

I bet everyone can agree to this.

When people, DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to the line. of ANY ride, It be a coaster, or a flat-ride. If they're sitting there looking away, and there is a HUGE gap in front of them because they're not paying attention, wanting to take stupid selfies that they'll have to re-do. There are moments, when they don't pay attention for so long, I want to just say "Hey. There's a line here." (Maybe more obscene then that...)

• Like 3

Yea my wife and I may be guilty of that sometimes. When we wait in a line a long time and it moves two feet or 4 feet we may not move right away. More so if it's a hot day and we got a nice spot under a fan.

I have realized that I have, surprisingly, a high tolerance for stuff happening at the park.

I hate when people don't use manners: holding doors, please, thank yous, walking on the right side, being nice, exchanging high fives or head nods, being polite, responding when people say hello. I am also not a fan of some of the aggressive people taking pics at the front of the park. If I show you my yellow stub, I probably don't want another picture taken.

• Like 3

And that lengthens your wait exactly how? :)

With all due respect why does that matter? Whether it lengthens the line 20 minutes or 2 seconds, the point is that the people in front of you are being inconsiderate by not moving when the line moves. I am sure that most of the time, such conduct is unintentional but it is annoying when the people in front of you continuously fail to move when the line moves.

• Like 5

Yea my wife and I may be guilty of that sometimes. When we wait in a line a long time and it moves two feet or 4 feet we may not move right away. More so if it's a hot day and we got a nice spot under a fan.

I have realized that I have, surprisingly, a high tolerance for stuff happening at the park.

I hate when people don't use manners: holding doors, please, thank yous, walking on the right side, being nice, exchanging high fives or head nods, being polite, responding when people say hello. I am also not a fan of some of the aggressive people taking pics at the front of the park. If I show you my yellow stub, I probably don't want another picture taken.

I always let them take my picture. Sometimes I pose like a movie poster.

• Like 2

It can be annoying when they don't move a bit, but overall it doesn't bug me too much since it won't make me get on the ride any sooner or later by them not keeping up with it. the line isn't going anywhere.

I do agree with Nick though about the language and just makes it even more annoying when they make a juvenile sophomoric response like the "...your mom" comments.

• Like 6

Yeah Nick, I hear you...I sat next to this guy (18-early 20's) on the Intimidator who was riding with his parents and he spent a good portion of the ride shouting things like "f*** this s***!" I wanted to tell him to shut up but I decided against it.

People these days...

• Like 9

^^For that matter, there was one time when I was riding Vortex last June when this boy about my age was sitting right behind me and saying the F word constantly from the time the train crested the lift to when it arrived on the brake run. I had to cover my ears the whole time! :(

Worse, it was my last Vortex ride of that day. Not a good note to end on... :(

• Like 2

^ The first public rides were given on Opening Day, and the first 5,000 riders received t-shirts.

Media Day rides did happen the day before, but many others (employees, vendors, etc) rode even earlier.

One of my pet peeves is enthusiasts who feel entitled because of perks, such as Media Day access, that are graciously offered to them.

• Like 16